• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I want serious discussions... please do not write such things.

By the way, I am not very familiar with the Laws. Please tell me about no-balls and wide-balls. In the case of too many no-balls/wide-balls, is there any punishment for that Bowler?

Only in very extreme circumstances. 15 wides in an innings and the bowler has his eyes cut out and pinned to the sight screen. Hence the name.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi all, a genuine query. We see all over the world that teams are too strong at home and weak away. Will not doing away with the toss and providing the option to bat or field first, to the visiting captain restore some balance?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Hi all, a genuine query. We see all over the world that teams are too strong at home and weak away. Will not doing away with the toss and providing the option to bat or field first, to the visiting captain restore some balance?
Until you factor in South Africa

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Until you factor in South Africa
I am not saying everyone always wins at home and loses away. There is always few exceptions. But looking at the majority, thought that it will be better to restore some balance with that option to the visiting captain.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No way. Home advantage is a good thing and winning key series away from home is huge thing and pretty awesome.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh?
I was reading the Japanese version here:
?????????? | ?????????
Is this Japanese version old? When was the Laws changed?
In the Japanese version of the game the bowler starts from behind a hill and is required to run over it emitting a blood curdling scream before dropping the ball and cutting the batsman's head off with a samurai sword.

Also, did you know the last ICC sanctioned test match in Japan, which was played at the Fukushima Cricket Ground, was called off after the pitch mutated into a giant grass monster!? Fact.

Daemon

Yeah and in India the bowler has to run around a coconut tree and try to serenade the batsmen with a coordinated bollywood dance along with all the fielders to get him out.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And in Australia the bowler must deliver the ball while wearing thongs, without spilling a drop from the VB held in his left hand.

Daemon

And in Australia the bowler must deliver the ball while wearing thongs, without spilling a drop from the VB held in his left hand.
What a great rule. Disadvantages lefties, thus restoring balance to the cricketing world.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Under the current Laws, only 1 sub is allowed in fielding. However, isn't 1 too small number, particularly in Test and First Class games. In 4 or 5 days, there can be sudden illness and injuries.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
50-over games should be changed togs 20-over/2-innings games

Currently the WCL and World Cup (and qualifiers) games are played in the 50-over ODI format.
This should be changed to the 20-over/2-innings format. (Bowler can bowl only 5 overs in an innings.)
The merit is that strong Batsmen can bat twice in a game.
Please tell me your opinion.