• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think we'll enforce follow on, bat again till just after lunch tomorrow and set them 500 to win. Won't want to chase 120-150 on a last day track.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
how involved do bowling coaches get with the batsmen?

bond is both a good coach and bowler. he could give our lot a lot of advice on the numerous holes he would exploit if he bowled to them.

and i would love to know how some of these guys manage to look good against southee/boult etc in the nets
Yeah but it's not Bond's job to work on the batsmen and it's not his place to suggest batting selections.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah but it's not Bond's job to work on the batsmen and it's not his place to suggest batting selections.
if he has something to add then it should be made a part of his job. obviously he isn't a batsman so what he can add is limited, and i reckon he already has told the batsmen how and why they suck, but on the off chance he hasn't told them the multiple ways he would get them out then he should.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
if he has something to add then it should be made a part of his job. obviously he isn't a batsman so what he can add is limited, and i reckon he already has told the batsmen how and why they suck, but on the off chance he hasn't told them the multiple ways he would get them out then he should.
Well, TBH I'm not in the group of people that think that there's a huge amount of planning that needs to be done against individual batsmen.

Get it slightly full of a good length on off stump, swinging or seaming in either direction and you'll take wickets.

You'll just take more wickets against technically deficient batsmen.

Howe_zat

Audio File
McCullum's captaincy has impressed me.

I don't think Taylor especially needed axing but maybe he shouldn't have been given the job before.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always feel a tad sorry for the onfield umpire in those cases. As Gower said it would almost be irresponsible for them to give it out. One of those situations where you can't help but think they'd review it themselves.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clearly wasn't a howler and feel a bit sorry for umpire and batsman there. Guess the correct decision was reached in the end though so all is good.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
29 innings now for Bracewell's single-figure batting average. He's so much better than that; just never makes contributions of any note in Tests. Even when watching him make scores of 0, 3, 1 etc you get the impression that he can bat. Enigma.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd always enforce the follow on if the forecast was uncertain, but that's just me.

England 1-0 up in a two Test series with a big summer ahead of them makes me think they'll probably have another bat and not look at declaring any time soon.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty ordinary shot from BMac, there. Just poking at a wide-ish one that held its line.

Scaly would be having conniptions if Bell played something similar.