• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Like the Lees/Wells opening combination; definitely worth giving both guys a go against international opposition.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
KP not being released by England for t20 finals day. Makes sense with all his injuries even if it is a shame that one of the biggest events of the English season will go off without England players. Article I read didn't mention Cook but I think that we can take it as a given that he won't be turning up for Essex.

theegyptian

Jack Leaning with a cheeky 5fer tonight for Yorkshire. Not even a frontline bowler and only 3rd game.

Selection of Players without a one day 5fer - Chris Tremlett, Boyd Rankin, Stuart Meaker, James Harris

Michael Klinger has been a tremendous signing for Gloucestershire. Struggled last year with worcs but the top run scorer in English cricket this year over the 3 formats. Also as captain has led a much improved Gloucestershire.

Group C of the YB40 looks a complete cluster****. 5 teams different teams all still in contention. Somerset top currently on NRR but played one or two more games than the others competing for the top spot. The other two groups Hampshire and Notts look fairly well set to top their groups.

Talk about a tough schedule. Notts played Worcestershire today finishing at around 10pm (at home). They play Bangl A(home) tomorrow and then are down to Hove the next day to play Sussex in a day night game.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Makes sense to bring in a batsman for the climax of the season with Root, Bairstow, and possibly Ballance away for a lot of the time and the championship up for grabs. Was ok for Gloucestershire without ever been brilliant but that experience should help him

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Won't help Slurry bowl teams out, which is what they need to do to actually win some matches.

Having said that I hope Durham remember how to hold a bat the right way up when the Chelsea of cricket turn up next week.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Won't help Slurry bowl teams out, which is what they need to do to actually win some matches.

Having said that I hope Durham remember how to hold a bat the right way up when the Chelsea of cricket turn up next week.
What does this have to do with Moeen's beard? Stay on topic Scaly.