• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd be really tempted to give Mills or Joverton a go after Oz. The 3rd seamer spot is becoming a big problem and there are quite a lot of people who have been tried for awhile but don't look great, Finn being the main example. It's probably worth gambling on a youngster at some point and giving him a run.
We did exactly that with Finn.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't pick Mills yet though, I mean he hardly gets a game for Essex. Would definetly want to see him tour with Lions though.

Barker the most deserving of a go at the moment, can bat as well.
Yeah, but it's not too far different from Rankin who basically plays as Warks' 4th seamer half the time.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With him having an England contract (one day) you would think most sides can afford him too.
Yeah, you could see the Lankys really marketing him for one-dayers at OT too.

Really didn't want this, CK should have tried to just bat his way into the England team for Tests, and leave the gloves for Jos.

Grrrr.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbf, I do still stand by the thought that Kieswetter is a better gloveman, although Buttler seemed to be getting better. And obviously they both get into the side on their batting alone.

I don't think it's Somerset's fault at all really, just all a bit unfortunate.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Much as I would love him at Lancs I can't see it. We never sign any big names that are actually good.

Wouldn't put it past him signing for Warwickshire actually,there's the Gilo connection and they seem to have struggled a bit for middle order batsmen this year so could play Ambrose as a batsmen

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Bizarre innings from Worcestershire. 18 for no wicket, then 6 wickets lost for 4 runs. Since when the 7th wicket has added 110.

Gloucs with a 17 year old offie making his first appearance, btw.
Yes was at cheltenham today. Good day for a Gloucestershire fan. There was a hattrick for Fuller in there as well. Basically a crazy half an hour of madness where the wicket looked to be doing everything and the other 6 hours flat.

Was slightly bittersweet the hattrick. Brought Moeen in as captain to one of my fantasy cricket teams and transferred Fuller out, both this week.

On the subject of decent young bowlers Craig Miles is a decent prospect. Only 18 but has 33 wickets @ 24 this season. Take a look at the ECB highlights of the Glos games this season. Tall but bowls at a decent pace, swings the ball and has taken wickets this season for Glos when others haven't been. Still erratic and a long way from being seriously mentioned but not a complete non hoper like someone of the people Glos and Worcs bring out.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Miles Hammond, the 17-year-old offie, is an Oxfordshire product. Can bat as well, but obviously there's a chasm between batting 3 in minor county age group cricket and the first class game. Couple of years too old to have been coached by me at any stage, though.

Junior stats for Oxfordshire

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Miles Hammond, the 17-year-old offie, is an Oxfordshire product. Can bat as well, but obviously there's a chasm between batting 3 in minor county age group cricket and the first class game. Couple of years too old to have been coached by me at any stage, though.

Junior stats for Oxfordshire
yes bowled ok today. decent flight. Ripped his first delivery past Andrew but after that they looked to get after him and he bowled a bit full. Doesn't really look ready for first class cricket at present but in time hoping for good things. Also dropped a fairly straightforward (by first class standards) catch on the mid wicket boundary. Will probably get some more bowling 2nd time around as the wicket was taking turn today.