Cricket Player Manager
Page 167 of 181 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2713
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: **Official English County Cricket 2013**

Williamson was such a fantastic signing for a batting order that seems to be just coming together at the right time. It didn't half look in poor shape a few weeks ago when we ended up batting the spinners at 5.

You could argue that we're now batting a spinner at 3, but I prefer not to think about his bowling.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if you’re going to be rubbish, make sure it’s against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lewis Gregory what a star, Amla pair.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Amla

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Agreed, not unsurprisingly, perfectly promising looking bowler, still only 21 and has decent figures in all forms.

Yes, he's been a bit of a disappointment, considering all the hype, but I'm just putting that down to the hideousness of where he was born.

Honestly, believe him and the Overtons could be a very decent and contrasting attack for Somerset in a few years time.

His batting though is the terrible thing, the fact is that I'm sure he was touted as a batting all-rounder for much of his youth, but it just hasn't happened. A shame, but I kind of agree with Scaly that he shouldn't be batting at 6, let Chawla do it or anyone else. Needs to relax down the order and maybe he could score a few 30 or 40s and come on from there.
    He is a standard county bowler, with very similar figures to Craig Meschede and if he is anything more than a tailender he is doing a good job of hiding it.

Wonder what odds you've got on Amla bagging a pair at Taunton of all places, not just the traditional flat pitch but the attack they have. Incredible.

Bit miffed at Durham's slow scoring rate in the latter part of their innings. It's not just the fact that situation makes slow runs almost entirely pointless since Durham are largely safe unless it turns into a minefield on day 4 (it's like when Clarke declared behind v West Indies, if they collapse you almost certainly win because of the skill differential and fact you're chasing a total that should be easy - else it's a draw) but it also makes it a lot harder to get the 4th or 5th batting points.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 13-09-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    He is a standard county bowler, with very similar figures to Craig Meschede and if he is anything more than a tailender he is doing a good job of hiding it.
    umm so I actually think meschede is a decent bowler in County cricket Pews always talk nonsense.. and I said gregory's batting has been horrible so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine;3134818[B
    ]Wonder what odds you've got on Amla bagging a pair at Taunton of all places, not just the traditional flat pitch but the attack they have. Incredible.
    [/B]
    Bit miffed at Durham's slow scoring rate in the latter part of their innings. It's not just the fact that situation makes slow runs almost entirely pointless since Durham are largely safe unless it turns into a minefield on day 4 (it's like when Clarke declared behind v West Indies, if they collapse you almost certainly win because of the skill differential and fact you're chasing a total that should be easy - else it's a draw) but it also makes it a lot harder to get the 4th or 5th batting points.
    Funny isn't it that all Somerset Batsmen have to be downgraded on the amount of runs they score at Taunton, but the bowlers don't get the reciprocal bounce. Mind you Scaly you're not one to rail against people taking a stereotypical view of your county's home ground, so I guess that's fair enough.....
    Last edited by grecian; 13-09-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Well, it's the useless meschede that did okay today. Still not massively confident.

Umm, it's getting interesting at Derby....
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Umm, it's getting interesting at Derby....
    54 for 8, and only 27 ahead..

How's the weather forecast?

CK just destroyed Dernbach.

Turning into a good day for us Somerset fans. Just need Buttler to win us the ODI.

Well done Durhammers *said through gritted teeth*

Next weeks fixtures to be totally rained off would be nice now. Notts definitely in this scrap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    CK just destroyed Dernbach.

Turning into a good day for us Somerset fans. Just need Buttler to win us the ODI.
    and you got your wish, an Exeter winner in the last minute, makes this a pretty good sporting day.
    Cabinet96 likes this.

Ozil shining in an Arse win as well.

Ravi is on Celebrity Pointless too, it's just gets better.

Except he's incredibly thick, but it just makes him more endearing.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Lancs got promoted, and Yorkshire title chances went up the khyber, can't argue with that.

Thread Information