• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your own "I was there" moments

Satyanash89

Banned
3 big ones:

1) Last 2 days of the epic Chennai test of 1999. As historic a game as they come, because we were finally getting an India v Pakistan test match after an absolute age. Saw Afridi's hundred, THAT Akram ball to get Dravid (even though I don't remember it), the tragic finish and that goosebump-inducing victory lap + standing ovation

2) 2001 series decider vs Australia.

3) That match at Vadodara infamous for the monkey chants against Symonds. Stand to the right of ours was probably the one from which the loudest taunts were coming from. Needless to say, I've never been so appalled and embarrassed at a cricket match, ever. Simply disgraceful

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry LT but you did ask - Elm Park Saturday 21 December 1985

Reading v Plymouth Argyle, as the old song goes

"We were three nil down...... and we won, and we won"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wow..

1987 Tied Test.

The beginning of the spin trio's domination at home Vs England in 1993.

WC Quarterfinal and the sublime knocks by Harris, Germon and Mark Waugh.

Saeed Anwar 194 - World Record at the time.

1999 Test Vs Pakistan and Sachin's best knock going in vain. And the standing ovation to the Pak team after that.

2001 Series decider and Harbhajan's tour de force.

2004 match where Shane Warne became the World Record holder for most number of wickets, think it was Irfan Pathan who was dismissed. Standing Ovation to Shane that day too.

Viru's amazing run a ball triple.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sydney and Melbourne 2010/11
Every minute of Exeter's cup run, 2004/05

Don't really get to enough live sport!

social

My dear old dad carried me to the SCG in 71/2 to watch Oz play the ROW just so that he could tell me later in life that he had taken me to see the greatest cricketer in history

Pity Sir Garry was bowled by a full toss from Inverarity for 2!

stumpski

International Captain
Pietersen 158 v Aus, and Devon Malcolm's 9-for, both at the Oval of course.

Also saw Mark Ramprakash complete a 300 v Northants.

I was also there the day Lancs hit 863 ... although Fairbrother was out just as I arrived at the ground.

Pothas

First day of the ashes in 2005.

Flintoff's titanic spell on 5th morning at Lords in 2009.

Amla bringing up his 300 last summer.

They are probably the standout ones. Almost got to see Tendulkar make his 100th 100 at the Oval but got a hilarious India collapse instead.

Personal favourites though are 3 Hampshire wins in Lords finals, makes a nice contrast to the evil that is a play-off final.

BeeGee

International Captain

Pothas

Somehow forgot my favourite day of cricket. Was there for the West Indies being bowled out for 54 and seeing part of all 4 innings in one day.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
I was there when ken rutherford scored 300 at scarborough in 1986 and ten years earlier when england played the west indies at the same venue. Barry wood bowled by andy roberts, first ball of the game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was at the whole Cardiff Test where nothing much happened and then Sri Lanka got bowled out for 82 on the last day and lost by an innings

Except for that ****ing day :@

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
MCG 26/12/2010 - Nearly 90K in at the start of play.........Estimated 20K left by tea.

4 days later, was there for this.......

While standing somewhere in amongst this incredible group of supporters.......

2 Days that made me prouder than I've ever been to be an English cricket supporter.

Happy Days.