IPL 2013 - Auction Game
We have played this game before during the World Cup 2011 and it was fun. World cup is far far away so I want to go for IPL 2013 if you people are interested. This time we will go for the Auction.
Read the rules below carefully and if you still have doubts post it in the thread.
Only 10 teams will play which means we will go for 10 participants only.
1) - The participant is the Captain of the team and will have to be present at the time of Auction. Auction time can be finalized after discussing with all the participants. ( We have developed an entire Auction System where participants will be able to BID for the player. )
2) - Each team must have a total of 11 players.
3) - Each team can have maximum 2 players from each Franchise.
4) - Each team can have maximum of 5 Foreign players.
5) - Every team must have one of the following combinations
4 Batsmen, 2 All Rounders, 1 Wicket keeper, 4 Bowlers
4 Batsmen, 3 All Rounders, 1 Wicket keeper, 3 Bowlers
5 Batsmen, 2 All Rounders, 1 Wicket keeper, 3 Bowlers
6) - A team can spend maximum of 10,000.
7) - Players will be classified in to 4 Groups. Group A will have players whose base price is 250, Group B will have players whose base price is 200, Group C will have players whose base price is 150, and Group D will have players whose base price is 100. List will be posted once all team announce their squad.
8) - If a bid is less than 600 then the next bid can be increased by only by 10. (for example if a players base price is 100 then next bid has to be 110.) If a bid is greater than 600 and less than 1,200 then the next bid can be increased by 50. If a bid is greater than 1,200 then the next bid can be increased by 100.
Less than 600: by 10
600 to 1,200: by 50
Greater than 1,200: by 100
9) - If a player gets injured before the OCC auction ends then the player will be dropped from the team and money spend will be returned. But if a player gets injured after the OCC aution ends or during the IPL then they will have to name a replacement. (cannot have auction just for one player ) Only 2 changes allowed: 1 before the IPL and 1 during the IPL.
10) - Performance of the players in the "IPL 2013" will decide the winner of this game instead of voting.
Points based system would be employed and runs, wickets, catches, run outs, stumping, ERs, SRs will be taken into consideration. Point System!
*Rules can be modified before auction if applicable.
I will start this game only if 10 people are interested in playing.
BIDDING will be done in 2 sessions ( 2 hours each ). We will have to decide about the TIMING as all of the participants will have to be present to BID for the player.
Far fetched idea to think people can be available at the same time for bidding?
Will be tough to get 10 people to get on the same time tbh, but depends on who all want to sign up. A live auction will be pretty good.
Well, I know its tough but if we can gather 10 people it will be fun. We are playing this on FB since 2011 and its amazing how people compete for potential player.
Originally Posted by Cevno
Point calculation and everything else is automated and I will keep updating Point table at the end of day.
More people to Join, imo.