• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Obscure non-cricket reasons resulting in players not able to play the match

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bradman missed a test because he wanted to make some money through a newspaper article........#selfishcricketers

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
New ZealandersVic Pollard, Bruce Murray and Bryan Yuile all, I believe, missed Test matches because their religious beliefs/activities meant they couldn't/wouldn't play on Sundays

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Phil Edmonds drove into the car park at Lords the day before a Test in 1983 and pulled a muscle in his back getting out of the car.

Consequently Nick Cook was called up to make his debut..

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'm sure that a lot of our players have faked injuries to avoid playing agianst strong teams like South Africa or Australia.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah, **** these blokes. Seriously. If one of them was Warne there's be blokes on here saying he should be carpeted. It's not that hard to perform a task you're set by the coach. You might not like it, but stiff ****.

And one of them is the vice captain ffs. Idiots.

Just shows, nothing good ever comes out of India.
TBF, zero, the BEST nothing ever, did come out of India..

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Lala Amarnath was sent for reasons only Maharajah Vizzy knows..Did somebody break their ribs by sneezing and miss a match?..McGrath stepping on the ball during practice and dropping the Ashes..

Last edited:

complan

Cricket Spectator
Sunil Gavaskar deciding to drop himself from any Test Match in Calcutta, because the crowd there booed him and pelted him with fruit.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Another football one - Marco Negri missed 4 months of the 97/98 season after getting hit in the eye with a squash ball. Although that was rumoured to be bollocks and what really happened is that he'd been caught ****ing Sergio Porrinni's wife and gotten a good punching for it.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Vengsarkar missed the 1987 semi final due to a suspicious last minute injury. Akram was injured at the last minute in the 1996 WC quarters too.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Trescothick after being bowled by Lee in a warm-up to the 06/07 Ashes.Was then and there he decided to abort out the whole tour

Being dismissed by Lee would make anyone depressed.:ph34r:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Don't know many cricket ones but Sammy Sosa pulled a muscle sneezing in baseball and I'm pretty sure there's been a couple of guys who've cut their hands on bras but I can't remember their names. Ken Giffey got a nad stuck in his box and missed time i think. In basketball I know Tony Allen tore his ACL dunking AFTER the final buzzer in celebration. Drew Gooden missed games with an infected hair follicle and Monta Ellis nearly had his contract voided from falling off a scooter and lieing about the injury as his contract limits him from riding scooters.

If it's not just injuries we're talking about Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton got long suspensions for bringing guns into the locker room and pulling them on each other over a gambling debt apparently.

U.S sports have the most crazy stuff going on.

Last edited: