• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG ODI World XIs Game

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People picking Dhoni probably want someone aggressive at 6.

Picking Lara at 5 is majorly ********, btw.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No there are 2 different things here. You said 'not entirely sure' why you selected him and that's fair enough, my question was just about those raw stats and which was the worst, because for me Imran has the worst out of the 3 and I'm curious I don't think everyone would say the same as me.

Let's just say the names were player a,b,c.
I agree that Imran's stats are the worst out of the three. High number of not-outs inflate average, and SR is below Kapil and Pollock.

Plus, Klusener can't play spin? Utter tripe.
Lance Klusener Bashing Some Spin

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
As I've always said, we should've had Lara opening with Tendulkar, and should've picked Dhoni as the wicketkeeper.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I've always said, we should've had Lara opening with Tendulkar, and should've picked Dhoni as the wicketkeeper.
I second that wholeheartedly. My XI goes like this:

Lara | Tendulkar | Viv | Ponting | AB | Dhoni +| Klusener | Wasim | Warne | Garner | Murali |

watson

Banned
I agree that Imran's stats are the worst out of the three. High number of not-outs inflate average, and SR is below Kapil and Pollock.

Plus, Klusener can't play spin? Utter tripe.
Lance Klusener Bashing Some Spin
You obviously didn't watch the video harsh, because if you did you'd see Klusener clueless against Warne et al.

The title is sarcastic because everyone knows he picked Warne about as 'well' as Daryl Cullinan.

Himannv

International Coach
The team already selected makes it difficult to pick Klusener at 7 due to the lack of other bowling options. Lara at 5 was a big mistake imo. Anyway I'll go with the following two as they probably make the most sense balance wise:

Michael Bevan
Imran Khan

Himannv

International Coach
With the benefit of hindsight, I reckon we should have gone with the following:

01. Sanath Jayasuriya
02. Sachin Tendulkar
03. Viv Richards
04. Dean Jones
05. Andrew Symonds
06. MS Dhoni+
07. Lance Klusener
08. Shaun Pollock
09. Wasim Akram
10. Joel Garner
11. Muralitharan

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
With the benefit of hindsight, I reckon we should have gone with the following:

01. Sanath Jayasuriya
02. Sachin Tendulkar
03. Viv Richards
04. Batsman ABC
05. Batsman XYZ

06. MS Dhoni+
07. Lance Klusener
08. Shaun Pollock
09. Wasim Akram
10. Joel Garner
11. Muralitharan
That's a good side balance-wise even if you replace Jones and Symonds there with batsman ABC and batsman XYZ respectively.