• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL Auction

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A little surprised that Ravi Rampaul was bought for $290,000.

I mean where is now? Is he injured or can't make the West Indies best ODI XI?

Dirk Nannes $600,000 has done very well for himself, he is a top bowler and hopefully he gets a bit more support compared to at the Thunder.

Bollinger will be gutted, I don't think I would have bid on him though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A little surprised that Ravi Rampaul was bought for $290,000.

I mean where is now? Is he injured or can't make the West Indies best ODI XI?

Dirk Nannes $600,000 has done very well for himself, he is a top bowler and hopefully he gets a bit more support compared to at the Thunder.

Bollinger will be gutted, I don't think I would have bid on him though.
Ramps is injured.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
No one in their right mind would pay $100k for O'Keefe as a T20 player in India, no way.
100K might be a bit high a base price for him and I don't think he'd gun it in India, but "No one in their right mind would pay $100k for O'Keefe in India" is highly exaggerated itbt.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
There have been some really bad buys, and misses imo. Aussies seem to be making bank this auction, and for Maxwell to go for 1 million is crazy...would of been less surprised to see him be unsold for 20k. As much as I think Faulkner, Henriques and Pomersbach are decent players, they all went for way above their worth. The best buys have been Ryder and McCullum. Biggest misses for me are Dananjaya, Phangiso and de Kock, with all three only going at 20k, they were all absolute bargains.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ramps is injured.
Even more reason why I'm surprised that he went signed. Nah actually slightly unfair, big hitter and decent bowler at times.

There have been some really bad buys, and misses imo. Aussies seem to be making bank this auction, and for Maxwell to go for 1 million is crazy...would of been less surprised to see him be unsold for 20k. As much as I think Faulkner, Henriques and Pomersbach are decent players, they all went for way above their worth. The best buys have been Ryder and McCullum. Biggest misses for me are Dananjaya, Phangiso and de Kock, with all three only going at 20k, they were all absolute bargains.
Haha. Yeah like a million is heaps for the guy, but he is a pretty decent T20 Cricketer IMO.
Definitely figured he'd go for around the 400K mark.

Also, don't think NcCullum is that great a buy. He will hardly play IMO.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Ryder was over priced. Looks absolute trash these days from the vision I've seen.
Maybe in the longer forms, but he's perfect for t20's. his hand eye coordination is as good as it ever was, and he can still play all the shots. Good buy imo.

Poor guppy, turned down the ipl cash last year to focus on his intl career and now the ipl clubs won't touch him despite the fact that he hit a match winning t20 century a month ago.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Do you think he should have went unsold or do you just disagree with his 1 million tag?
All I know is that before I'd ever heard anything about his batting I heard his self-proclaimed "x-factor"-ness.
I can just imagine him employing the Maeby Funke water cooler talk trick.
"Have you heard about that Maxwell fella? Prodigious talent. ATG. Get him in the team".

I watched his 50 the other day. He looked like a pinch hitter.

He could be an amazing talent, what has he actually done? Isn't he in the Aus side based on one innings?

Spikey

20 players have been nominated for the second part of the auction. The first is Farveez Mahroof, then Jeevan Mendis, South Africa's Chris Morris, SL's Sachitra Senayake, Scott styris. Among fast bowlers it is Ben Cutting, Josh Hazlewood, Clint McKay. Among batsmen - Ben Rohrer, Henry Davids, Rilee Rossouw. Allrounders - Kevin O'Brien, Jacob Oram, West Indies fast bowler Jason Holder, Rory Kleinveldt, Ben Laughlin and Kane Richardson.
can we dare to dream?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
All I know is that before I'd ever heard anything about his batting I heard his self-proclaimed "x-factor"-ness.
I can just imagine him employing the Maeby Funke water cooler talk trick.
"Have you heard about that Maxwell fella? Prodigious talent. ATG. Get him in the team".

I watched his 50 the other day. He looked like a pinch hitter.

He could be an amazing talent, what has he actually done? Isn't he in the Aus side based on one innings?
No. His produced some good performances in short form Cricket for a couple of years and is good in the field too. Made some useful runs while batting aggressively in Shield too. He's a good addition, but not worth a mill.

Morris up to 600K already, wow.

Spikey

morris, as far as I know, is not also known as the big show, so i'm ok with this

Spikey

good to see a local sixers boy make some cash. congrats to Senanayake! may IPL teams play you as badly as BBL teams

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Maybe in the longer forms, but he's perfect for t20's. his hand eye coordination is as good as it ever was, and he can still play all the shots. Good buy imo.

Poor guppy, turned down the ipl cash last year to focus on his intl career and now the ipl clubs won't touch him despite the fact that he hit a match winning t20 century a month ago.
Yeah AWTAx2. Been in ridiculous T20 form too.
Feel for Guppy :( Prolly his dire ODI/Test run overshadowing his T20 awesomeness - can't think of any other reason tbh.

Mike5181

International Captain
Despite the fact NMac feels like an ordinary player all the time, perhaps because of his average record in ODIs/FC etc. He's actually been a bloody good performer in T20Is. He's actually the 5th ranked bowler in the world in T20s. 40 wickets @ 18, ER of 6.4 + he's an awesome fielder, and a useful lower order batsman. 100k is a good buy considering guys like Maxwell went for a million.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Wow was not expecting Morris to be picked up for that much!! I like the dude, and reckon he has a big future in all three formats for South Africa, but damn.

I know Dhoni is a HUGE fan of Albie Morkel, and Morris is quite similar, just better.

Last edited: