• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lol. That pesky BCCI. Got their fingerprints all over this. :laugh:

Whatever else it's done, it's given Arthur a convenient reason for losing the next two tests.

Get shellacked? Not my fault, guv; half the team was suspended.

Plucky draw or spawny win? Miracle worker and genius man manager.
I thought that was the role of the touring party?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
seriously though **** Watson and his pea heart and selfishness, it's gonna be so good to see Haddin back out there after what happened

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Lol. That pesky BCCI. Got their fingerprints all over this. :laugh:

Whatever else it's done, it's given Arthur a convenient reason for losing the next two tests.

Get shellacked? Not my fault, guv; half the team was suspended.

Plucky draw or spawny win? Miracle worker and genius man manager.
Verily. Incredible contortions in both reading and covering one's own arse with the Riot Act.

uvelocity

International Coach
geez. that clarke statement. not sure what i make of it tbh.

stop sooking to the press, coach! I'm back! #philhughesthoughts

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mitchell Johnson and Khawaja's personal 'review' should be 'personally, I would have played better in the last Test match if I had played.'

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Of course. I agree that rules should not be different for the star performers. Maybe I should have phrased it better
Meh. I don't think it's all that bad if they aren't. Players talked about how Bill Parcells would be tough a **** on everyone but LT would come out high on coke 10 minutes before the game and get four sacks. And Parcells didn't give a ****. Won superbowls. You just have to know what the rules are for you.

As for the comments re: Ed Cowan - is he known to be a prolific writer or something?

ganeshran

International Debutant
Meh. I don't think it's all that bad if they aren't. Players talked about how Bill Parcells would be tough a **** on everyone but LT would come out high on coke 10 minutes before the game and get four sacks. And Parcells didn't give a ****. Won superbowls. You just have to know what the rules are for you.

As for the comments re: Ed Cowan - is he known to be a prolific writer or something?
He wrote some columns IIRC. One about test cricket being the pinnacle

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SS listen to this interview with Ed Cowan on an Australian radio station:

SEN SportSENtral > Audio

His reasonable, rational and unbiased response when questioned about Indian spinning wickets literally shocks the radio hosts.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Lot of hyperbole and cliches in his articles though.

When people have asked me about this cricket season, Narnia is the first word that comes to mind. Starting a Test career was like entering a realm of dreams made real. I was the same person, yet I was in an imaginary world where everything was epic and over the top. Somehow this quickly became a way of everyday life.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What is cliche about that? In fact, I don't think anyone has ever described their cricket experience as Narnia before. It is the opposite of cliche.

ganeshran

International Debutant
What is cliche about that? In fact, I don't think anyone has ever described their cricket experience as Narnia before. It is the opposite of cliche.
That was hyperbole. I prefer more to-the-point cricket columns like those written by Roebuck, but to each his own I guess

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was hyperbole. I prefer more to-the-point cricket columns like those written by Roebuck, but to each his own I guess
Yes to each his own, but surely you cannot be serious in describing Roebuck as "to the point"? His articles had plenty of hyperbole! That was what he was known for.

I am 100% positive you have gotten your cricket columnists mixed up here, because if you did not like that passage of writing from Cowan, you will have hated almost everything Roebuck ever wrote. The bloke was the opposite of to the point. Was more a cricket poet.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having had a few hours to digest this, it seems obvious to me that:

1. Much of this is about shoring up managements' position - certain players obviously dont respect them so they took a stand with the backing of Clarke

2. It is antiquated management theory gone mad

3. The management of the situation has been appalling as even the most intransigent of player would have written something if it had been communicated to them that they would be suspended if it wasnt received by a certain deadline

To those that say this shouldnt be necessary, I counter by saying that if you are going to treat the players like children then dont be half-arsed about it

4. Watto was VC in name only.

If he was truly part of the leadership group then he would have been aware of what was being planned

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Michale Vaughan is such a little **** :laugh: Would've never taken him for a troll during his playing days. Need some sleaze on him to show up on the web somewhere, shut him up for good.