• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ishant is only 24. Fair enough I guess.
I've backed him for so long as he had all the physical tools and decent bowling action, but his lack of a brain is seriously costing now.

He's been in International cricket for 6 years now, and you can get away being mediocre to poor for only so long.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well clarke is hardly making the call either. They've all decided that the best thing to do for Watson's future (eg Watson's performance in the Ashes) is to not rush into the bowling. That's the plan. They all know it. He's here as a batsman, with a "do not bowl" sticker on him. I don't think it's anyone's call right now. The call has already been made.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
This is one of the weakest looking Aust sides I've ever seen (on paper at least).

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Because people, you included apparently, seem to think Watson decides when he'll bowl or not. He's not the person making the decision. He does what he's told.
Not sure, but given the state of this match, the series and the pitch I can't imagine Clarke would say no if Watto went to him and said, "I'm feeling really good and would like to have a bowl here because I think I can help us win this match". Especially given that Watto will have a long rest after this Test.

Who knows? But it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Stapel

International Regular
Because people, you included apparently, seem to think Watson decides when he'll bowl or not. He's not the person making the decision. He does what he's told.
Uhm..., no. I've simply put forward the possibility that he is physically able to bat, but not to bowl. To me it would seem that either he himself, or his doctor/physio makes that call.

Anyway, it would to clear this up of you could point out who does make the decision then......

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent short leg would have snaffled that - all his weight was on the back foot so he couldnt get forward quickly enough

India's fielding is largely terrible

I'm sure that there are a couple of good fieldsmen in the team but most are just rank

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Urgh...

Just short.
Hahaha **** this incident gave me a heart attack...I saw the ball flying towards short leg and then my live feed froze, with the ball a foot from the fielder's hands.

I sat staring like a zombie at the screen, waiting for the stream to unfreeze and trying to measure with my thumb whether the ball would reach the fieldsman! Phew :D

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uhm..., no. I've simply put forward the possibility that he is physically able to bat, but not to bowl. To me it would seem that either he himself, or his doctor/physio makes that call.

Anyway, it would to clear this up of you could point out who does make the decision then......
It doesn't matter who has decided Shane Watson shouldn't bowl, the main point is it wasn't Shane Watson!

Stapel

International Regular
It doesn't matter who has decided Shane Watson shouldn't bowl, the main point is it wasn't Shane Watson!
I really don't understand what you mean here.

Are you suggesting that Watson would continue bowling with a broken foot, when told so?

Spark

Global Moderator
How much better has Wade looked since he started using his feet to the spinners the past half hour? He looks a completely different batsman. Hopefully his team mates take note.

Now he is getting some short balls to put away because he is changing the bowlers' lengths.
Wade has a tendency to look horrid early doors before getting set.