• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think Franklin could do a decent job at the death here. He did well on the same ground in the T20 and was the only guy Buttler couldn't really hit. Slow back of a length deliveries can often be hard to hit at the back end of an innings, particularly considering many have struggled to time the ball when trying to hit on this pitch today.
:cool: :(

Days of Grace

International Captain
Does anyone know some streaming sites? Pay or non-pay, I don't care, just want to watch the game. Willow.tv doesn't have the coverage for this series.

PM me if you have anything.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
shocked to see that there may be a chaseable total.

so batting lineup:

Guptill
Watling
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Franklin
etc etc etc.

Actually quite like the look of that.

BeeGee

International Captain
England go from apparently taking too long to go, to going too early
And that's the problem. Instead of steadily building the run rate over the course of the innings they've left it all for the hitters who have had to come in and hit immediately, which almost never works. The idea of deciding when to "go" is stupid. If you've paced your innings correctly there is no decision required and there is no reason to "go".

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
And that's the problem. Instead of steadily building the run rate over the course of the innings they've left it all for the hitters who have had to come in and hit immediately, which almost never works. The idea of deciding when to "go" is stupid. If you've paced your innings correctly there is no decision required and there is no reason to "go".
this this this.

It's why having taylor bat at 6 in the t20 world cup was stupid.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Indeed. The acceleration was quite sudden. Take it easy for the first 35 overs, then blitz. Funny really how one can go from fearing that the big hitters won't get time at the crease (and even the odd England fan expressing pleasure at Trott getting out) then have the last 5 overs being used by the bowlers.

thierry henry

International Coach
Agree in theory but disagree that the English top order did too much wrong in this case. I just don't think England's innings was ever going that badly, I was more poking fun at the idea that they had taken "too long to go".