• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Yes boys great stuff! Can't watch atm because had to come into uni due to my Micro Word having a cry but ****ing awesome seeing a wicket fall every time I check cricinfo.

James

Cricket Web Owner
These pitches really are batting paradises aren't they....... :D

Agree with the decision to not inforce the follow-up. Set England 450+ for the win and watch Brucie bowl us to victory.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love the NZ bowling attack. :wub:

I could definitely take or leave Fulton and Rutherford scoring so many runs mind you and the fact that Wagner is a Test cricketer still grates me but Southee and Boult really are great to watch.
Yeah, been brilliant today.

Actually sort of happy that they are batting again, could have got really very embarassing by close of play.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha just saw Boult's reaction when the umpire gave Compton not out. Just started giggling knowing he's out and he will get him on review :laugh:

Flem274*

123/5
Love the NZ bowling attack. :wub:

I could definitely take or leave Fulton and Rutherford scoring so many runs mind you and the fact that Wagner is a Test cricketer still grates me but Southee and Boult really are great to watch.
Kinda nasty to say this since he's done so well but he's the kind of bowler who will have absolute shockers sooner or later and he'll be dropped. With the bowling talent around atm he won't get too many chances if he ****s up imo.

I can definitely go for Fulton and Rutherford scoring as many runs as they like, even if Fulton looks like he's going to get out every ball for the first hour he's batting.:ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kinda nasty to say this since he's done so well but he's the kind of bowler who will have absolute shockers sooner or later and he'll be dropped. With the bowling talent around atm he won't get too many chances if he ****s up imo.

I can definitely go for Fulton and Rutherford scoring as many runs as they like, even if Fulton looks like he's going to get out every ball for the first hour he's batting.:ph34r:
I'm really happy for Fulton that he's scoring runs; I've always wished him well as a player due to his standing in domestic cricket. He's a bit like Sinclair-lite. I just don't really like watching it, especially when it's against England. :p

Jezroy

State Captain
TAB says

NZ - 1.80
Draw - 2.00
Eng - 20.00

Money has to be on NZ now, surely...

In fact, just put $50 on it.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Think this says it all:

England 154 for 8 today, New Zealand managed 193 for 9 on day two.

We only need 200 runs I tend to think, so we should have 4 and a half sessions to dismiss England.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was a lot to admire about Fulton in the first innings even if I hated every minute of it, will score about 2 runs in the England series though.

Jezroy

State Captain
These pitches really are batting paradises aren't they....... :D

Agree with the decision to not inforce the follow-up. Set England 450+ for the win and watch Brucie bowl us to victory.
And surely this pitch is going to get more up and down, and turn more... Surely!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Was out, just got back - Boult **** yeah! Southee too - by far his best bowling of the series. I thought Wagner bowled reasonably well too today tbh - did some donkey-work with the old ball and was reasonably accurate.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I think when the tail went so quickly, I might well have put them back in. Both bowlers were on a roll, England were capitulating (Cook and Compton wouldn't have been expecting to bat for a good while), and with only 23 overs to bowl, Boult and Southee could have had one decent spell each, and it wouldn't have hurt too much. Two quick wickets and...

Flem274*

123/5
TAB says

NZ - 1.80
Draw - 2.00
Eng - 20.00

Money has to be on NZ now, surely...

In fact, just put $50 on it.
I'd chuck 50 on England. All they need is one of our "Hey 80 all out sounds like a good score" innings and a Cook/Trott innings to bring it home.