Page 74 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2392

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnench View Post
    My favorite thing about Steyn is, for no reason what so ever, he will start bowling like an absolute demon, like something no one else was ever aware of, was pissing him off.
    What amazes me is that just the other day people made a big deal over his 300th wicket and he is already a quarter of the way to 400.

Damn Sri Lanka wish we could see how steyn does there. the final frontier for our test side.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kykweer.proteas View Post
    What amazes me is that just the other day people made a big deal over his 300th wicket and he is already a quarter of the way to 400.

Damn Sri Lanka wish we could see how steyn does there. the final frontier for our test side.
    He's getting through the wickets amazingly fast. How many do we think he can get? He's currently 29, and he seems to manage himself pretty well. I'd say he's a pretty good chance of passing McGrath's 563, or at least getting close.

Hmm, I dunno. Have to remember Steyn's big disadvantage in the statistical aggregate races - SA simply don't play enough Tests.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Its hard to compare Steyn to Mcgrath who played in Aus's hayday, playing and dominating England often, playing much more test matches.

but quickly Mcgrath 563 wickets @ 21.6 strike rate of 52

Steyn 323 wickets @ 22.67 strike rate of 41

Mcgrath bowled 29 248 balls if Steyn ever bowled that many balls at his current rate he'll take 713 wickets

Improbable and unlikely though haha

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kykweer.proteas View Post
    Its hard to compare Steyn to Mcgrath who played in Aus's hayday, playing and dominating England often, playing much more test matches.

but quickly Mcgrath 563 wickets @ 21.6 strike rate of 52

Steyn 323 wickets @ 22.67 strike rate of 41

Mcgrath bowled 29 248 balls if Steyn ever bowled that many balls at his current rate he'll take 713 wickets

Improbable and unlikely though haha
    McGrath has performed better than Steyn for a longer period, so I would rate him better . However, if Steyn continues his current form till the end of his career, he would be at par if not better than the pigeon.

One thing working in Steyn's favour is how much better he is than his contemporaries. The next best is Anderson while Mc Grath had to contend with Ambrose, Walsh, Akram as his contemporaries.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Another thing that I feel tends to get ignored in this sort of situation is that playing fewer games can benefit a player as they avoid injuries, get proper rest time and can go at full pelt more often during games as they know they don't have as big a workload.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Another thing that I feel tends to get ignored in this sort of situation is that playing fewer games can benefit a player as they avoid injuries, get proper rest time and can go at full pelt more often during games as they know they don't have as big a workload.
    Clearly this strategy isn't working out with the Aussie bowlers

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Clearly this strategy isn't working out with the Aussie bowlers
    McGrath's heavier workload years had higher averages (admittedly they were mid 21s but that's still worse than the 18s he churned out when he had fewer Tests to play) - in fact the 4 years he bowled the most were his worst averaging years throughout his peak.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Hmm, I dunno. Have to remember Steyn's big disadvantage in the statistical aggregate races - SA simply don't play enough Tests.
    Yup. After the Pakistan series when do South Africa next play tests? I know India are supposed to be coming later in the year, but are they playing any other tests in the year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Banned
    south aferica play india next

Banned
    Yeah South Africa's test schedule is extremely barren this year.
    And that tour by India is not going to be pretty. Our batting looks ****e honestly, almost as ****e as NZ, Pak. I cant really see anyone doing well there. Its all on Kohli and Pujara really but Pujara looked all at sea against Steyn when we toured a couple of years ago and i just feel now that Kohli's amazing purple patch is done, he'll struggle.

Plus, the stas-whore in me hopes Sachin retires before that tour to preserve his pristine 40+ average in every country vs every country

Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Yeah South Africa's test schedule is extremely barren this year.
    And that tour by India is not going to be pretty. Our batting looks ****e honestly, almost as ****e as NZ, Pak. I cant really see anyone doing well there. Its all on Kohli and Pujara really but Pujara looked all at sea against Steyn when we toured a couple of years ago and i just feel now that Kohli's amazing purple patch is done, he'll struggle.

Plus, the stas-whore in me hopes Sachin retires before that tour to preserve his pristine 40+ average in every country vs every country
    We were supposed to play in sri lanka

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    RSA is visiting us for a Test series in UAE this summer.

How would people rate the bowling between the two teams. For me it would be:

Steyn
    Philander

Daylight

Morkel
    Junaid (potential to get a lot better though)
    Kallis
    Gul

I am going to ignore the rookie Rahat since it was his debut.

Oh yes south africa go to UAE to play Pakistan before we host India, still enough cricket to come this year

Banned
    the revenge series in UAE

Thread Information