• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
But there was probable cause.

He was heading staright for the middle of the pitch, which is why he changed direction. And looks lke he doesn't see ABCD throwing the ball. More like watching Fart.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
I'm not sure why people have a problem with the obstruction decision.

This is the law:

The change of direction was significant and Hafeez had no innocent reason for the change of direction (he was not being obstructed). What possible reason could there be not to give him out?

Pretty obvious for me. He's running to the stumps to obstruct the ball.

blankwave

Cricket Spectator
But there was probable cause.

He was heading staright for the middle of the pitch, which is why he changed direction. And looks lke he doesn't see ABCD throwing the ball. More like watching Fart.
No, he started running next to the pitch and if he had continued running in that direction, he would have ended up next to the pitch on the other side. The change of direction is when he started running towards the stumps.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It is made to look significant by where on the pitch he changed (ie halfway) but it isn't actually that big an actual change and is clearly a byproduct of looking over his shoulder so not intentional.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
No, he started running next to the pitch and if he had continued running in that direction, he would have ended up next to the pitch on the other side. The change of direction is when he started running towards the stumps.
That change is before the ball is thrown.

The actual change is a slight one where he realises he is in the middle and tries to back out.

blankwave

Cricket Spectator
It is made to look significant by where on the pitch he changed (ie halfway) but it isn't actually that big an actual change and is clearly a byproduct of looking over his shoulder so not intentional.
That is what I thought initially, but his main push towards the stumps is after he turns his head back.

That change is before the ball is thrown.
That doesn't matter, he started running towards the stumps knowing that AB would need to throw towards the stumps when he got the ball.

blankwave

Cricket Spectator
Because that's when he puts the accelerator on. He doesn't deviate any further at that point.
Well I disagree, the replays show that he was intentionally running towards the stumps. The head turn shouldn't change direction to such an extent. Just look at how big the deviation from his initial direction end point and his actual end point is. I don't think he did it consciously though. It is a natural thing to try and run between the ball and the stumps, that is one problem with this law.

Well done Pakistan especially Irfan and Farhat.

What were SA thinking leaving Morkel out even though he is fit?

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tend to agree with blankwave here, he was trying to protect his wickets, albeit unintentionally and more out of instinct. It can't really be proven either way though.