Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 245

Thread: Mike Hussey to retire at end of summer.

  1. #136
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,485
    Indeed
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  2. #137
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,108
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    Na i knew some predictable **** would quote that argument. Its got nothing to with when runs are scored per se. it was an argument about scoring patterns across a match, all others things being equal. That particular argument does not attempt to differentiate in what conditions the runs were scored, against what bowling, under pressure etc. - things that clearly do matter.

  3. #138
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    OT but Watson's slump really hammers a point I and several others (T_C and benchy in particular IIRC) have been saying for ages - Watson's inability to convert starts was a real problem despite the fact that he was averaging 45-odd because he was failing to cash in on good form. And now that he's not in such good nick, his record looks distinctly mediocre.

    And yes, 1st innings runs >>>>> 2nd innings runs. Michael Clarke to confirm.
    should probably bring that thread onto here, and bump it for the lulz
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  4. #139
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,485
    Maybe not benchy actually. In fact, I have nfi who was saying it other than me. But people were saying it.


  5. #140
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Iirc I was saying it too, but a little different. I was saying his inability to cash in will be a problem for him later on because he won't have big innings' to fall back on when it comes to a period of bad form, so he has nothing to hang his hat on at the selection table. Also said that making fifties is good for an opener and shouldn't be dropped because his primary job is to take the shine off, and we had no better alternatives to do that as consistently at that stage.

    Did note that cashing in on his starts was a mental thing, and it would be good if he finally did this as you want your players to turn half scores into big scores, especially when in form.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  6. #141
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,763
    it seems to be noted finger spinner vic_orthdox saying it

  7. #142
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    z
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post

    1st innings runs >>>>> 2nd innings runs. Michael Clarke to confirm.
    Sehwag likes this comment.

    EDIT:- Haha, did not read these before I posted,

    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Sehwag to second that motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Indeed
    Last edited by Teja.; 31-12-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

  8. #143
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,108
    When asked whether he was too old for the gig, 35-year-old Hussey joked: 'I'm 29 - what are you talking about?

    'I guess my advantage is I've played for a long time. I know my game pretty well. I've made a lot of first-class runs.

    'Allegedly I'm a very good player of spin, so I'd love to prove myself against the Indians.'

    Funny man

  9. #144
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Maybe not benchy actually. In fact, I have nfi who was saying it other than me. But people were saying it.
    Who is really to blame for Australia's batting collapses post 2007 in Ashes series?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  10. #145
    International Debutant aussie tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,265
    Some Australian records for Huss

    6th highest average, just above Steve Waugh (to stay there he can score 0 in 1 inn, or 48 runs in 2 inn)

    12th highest run scorer, whereby he'll sit between Bradman and Harvey

    12th highest number of centuries where he equals Mark Taylor, however in 26 less Tests (if he gets another he can be equal 11th with Mark Waugh, however in 49 less Tests)

  11. #146
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,070
    Would just like to congratulate Hussey for hogging a batting space for a whole summer designed to groom a team for the ashes. In fact congratulations to he and Ponting and the selectors that enabled them, to keep playing when we should have been rebuilding since 2009. Since then 2 ashes series have gone by and Australia will now be forced to build a team during the next ashes instead of having one ready for it.

    So congats to them both....slow hand

  12. #147
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,485
    Yep because the Ashes are clearly the only Test matches that matter.

    Le sigh.

  13. #148
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,763
    i dunno know, the guy's kinda got a point. katich (and to a lesser extent, usman) took bullets for hussey and ponting, with an eye to the ashes, and they've both ****ed off before it anyway. and it seems hussey decided to retire before the summer started, and kept it from everybody until after the squad for the last test of the summer had been picked. that's kinda annoying. no wonder they're thinking of not giving hussey a farewell ODI series. what a ****.

  14. #149
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,155
    If there were guys batting well enough to displace Hussey, he'd have been dropped ages ago. Fact.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  15. #150
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,209
    I hope they make him open or come in at three tomorrow.

    Also sad sight that Sri-lanka didn't expect him to appear on the field as a batsman twice.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Brearley - England's Greatest Captain?
    By fredfertang in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 03:05 AM
  2. Mike Hussey - A second wind?
    By pasag in forum Ashes 2010-2011
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 18-12-2010, 07:22 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-06-2009, 12:21 PM
  4. How tough is Mike Hussey...
    By Johnners in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
  5. Mike Hussey vs Pakistani Bowlers!!
    By gunner in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 19-12-2006, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •