• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

shankar

International Debutant
Kohli and Yuvi got some pretty neat deliveries.
Both played terrible shots. Amazing that after all these failures over the past year, the response of these players to a wicket with some movement is still to fluke their way out playing shot a minute.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Both played terrible shots. Amazing that after all these failures over the past year, the response of these players to a wicket with some movement is still to fluke their way out playing shot a minute.
Eh I dunno, I suppose they would have been better off defending than attempting to play a shot, but I felt the deliveries they received were slightly more difficult than the openers, Sehwag in particular payed a totally loose shot. Gambhir idk wtf he was doing.

Anyways doesn't matter, they're all out and they all deserve to be out.

Meanwhile Pak's fast bowlers are losing a bit of steam, time to bring on spin IMO.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Been saying this for about 2 years now, massively overrated player. I don't want to criticize him in this particular match too much since the rest of our bats haven't done **** either, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our limited overs side. Maybe test matches, but I don't understand why we keep picking him. He's no better than Jadeja with the bat, and Jedeja is a solid bowler and a much much better fielder.
would have liked this post if there was a 'like' button here. But will like it in CW terms as below.

'This'

smash84

The Tiger King
last 5 overs 30/0....that is pretty good....

Dhoni is an awesome ODI player.....

deserves to be in the AT ODI XI ahead of gilchrist

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yuvraj's shot was awful. Ball was coming in to the right handers. Means its going away to the left hander. But nah, plays inside the line of the ball and tries to glance it.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ishant going to be that hard to handle is he?

Nah I kinda agree, not much batting in Pakistan's lineup.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ishant going to be that hard to handle is he?

Nah I kinda agree, not much batting in Pakistan's lineup.
for chasing a modest total on a dicey track this is the ideal batting line up Younis, Msbah adn Azhar are our bankers when it comes to backing on your defensive game.Though I would not like to see Younis in an OD side.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
for chasing a modest total on a dicey track this is the ideal batting line up Younis, Msbah adn Azhar are our bankers when it comes to backing on your defensive game.Though I would not like to see Younis in an OD side.
yes, we will be 2 down for 5 in the first 5 overs.

in the next 35 overs we will make 95 more for the loss of 2 more wickets

And we will be all out in 49.5 overs trying to make another 90-100 runs in the last 10 overs

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah just remembered the dusty pitch with a few low scoring matches in the World cup.
Completely forgot about those, I can't seem to recall India playing many ODI's at Chennai, maybe that's why.

Raina's got a nice opportunity here to get a 100, usually doesn't get the chance to bat too many overs.