• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who can stop South Africa?

sonnench

U19 12th Man
I have only seen a little of Wade, and that little is already enough for him to be one of the more disliked cricketers in International cricket for me. Just such an @ss.

Mr_Ronan

Banned
So a Test average of 43 with two centuries in his first 9 Tests makes Wade ****? Bear in mind both of his tons came when Australia were deep in the **** and he was under pressure.

Even if he was playing only as a batsman his Test career so far would still be very good.

Dhoni has played 8 times as many Tests and when has he EVER scored a ton under pressure after coming in at 5 down for not many?

Fair enough Wade's been patchy with the gloves but he's still very young (he's got a decade of cricket left in him) so give him time and his keeping will improve markedly.

Gilly wasn't perfect with the gloves either early in his career but became a very good gloveman.

the big bambino

International Captain
Wade's worth keeping (pun; sorry) and we can afford to wait to see if he can improve his glove work to a passable standard. I mean he aint Wayne Phillips bad and you'd think he stands a good chance of surpassing Brad Haddin who isn't much chop with the gloves and his nearest competitor.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Wade is one of the worst glovemen I've seen, but Australia's problems at the moment are about scoring runs, not taking wickets.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How has this turned into a discussion about wade ffs.

Dominant from SA again. They're just so damn good in their favoured conditions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So a Test average of 43 with two centuries in his first 9 Tests makes Wade ****? Bear in mind both of his tons came when Australia were deep in the **** and he was under pressure.

Even if he was playing only as a batsman his Test career so far would still be very good.

Dhoni has played 8 times as many Tests and when has he EVER scored a ton under pressure after coming in at 5 down for not many?

Fair enough Wade's been patchy with the gloves but he's still very young (he's got a decade of cricket left in him) so give him time and his keeping will improve markedly.

Gilly wasn't perfect with the gloves either early in his career but became a very good gloveman.
Since when do you learn to keep at test level?

I hate Haddin, he is a ****. But he's a better glove man than Wade. I'm a Victorian too!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wade would have thrown his keeping gloves at the ball and missed mind you, another win for Haddin.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol at this last pair. So frustrating especially since both are terrible batsmen.