• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Any particular reason why Boult didn't play? Is he still sick, or is his omission due to the "don't change a winning team" theory? Or the "don't ever bowl more than one left arm quick" theory?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Any particular reason why Boult didn't play? Is he still sick, or is his omission due to the "don't change a winning team" theory? Or the "don't ever bowl more than one left arm quick" theory?
He's not very good at T20, never really been in the frame

Howsie

International Captain
Yay, take a young batsmen halfway around the world and bat him at eight. That will do a lot for him.

BeeGee

International Captain
Normal programming has been resumed, I see.

If ever McCullum was going to step up and lead from the front, today was the day to do it.
He didn't.

BeeGee

International Captain
great. justin ontong is gonna play tests again. thanks new zealand
If the SA selectors pick Ontong in the Test team based on a 40 scored against NZ in a T20 then they're a bigger bunch of morons than the NZ selectors and they deserve all they get.

****ing Nicol. I swear he's just in this team for the laughs.
You always need a comic relief character. He's the Jar Jar Binks of the NZ team.
"Mesa gunna charge an hittin da ball okey day"

He's not very good at T20, never really been in the frame
Worse than Bracewell? At least Boult has a good yorker.
I hate having Boult and Bracewell in the T20 squad. They should be concentrating on their Test bowling, not picking up bad T20 habits.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Well, thank god that's over. A win is a win, but at least the real stuff can start boys. Was happy with all the debutantes, can't wait for de Kock to develop as a player and work him into the Test team, the dude only made 2 this game, but he just looks so classy imho. Think we would of done a lot better at the last T20 WC with this lot, with the additions of AB, JP and Dale. Still think Levi has a role to play in the squad, but he needs to sort his crap out, if he does, he can be a very good player.

And fair play to N.Z, they did O.k. Brendon Mccullum needs to really stand up as a player, with such a young middle order, he needed to pull off a Guptill. I thought Neesham looked pretty classy for the small time he was in there. Hira bowled a lot better than I thought he would, and troubled our openers. Also don't think Bracewell is a T20 player yet, he just bowles pies.

And now the real cricket begins.....:D

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Top post.

Just needs a disparaging remark about Hesson's appearance and it would have been perfect.
yup.

If I were McCullum and had great ambitions to become a captain, I still wouldn't have let the coach and the board have their way and replace Taylor and put me in charge instead because it would have been of serious detriment to the team in general and to my relationship with Taylor, who is the easily the best batsman.

Such a egoistic selfish ****

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
yup.

If I were McCullum and had great ambitions to become a captain, I still wouldn't have let the coach and the board have their way and replace Taylor and put me in charge instead because it would have been of serious detriment to the team in general and to my relationship with Taylor, who is the easily the best batsman.

Such a egoistic selfish ****
You, sir, have earned the right to be aggressive.