• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, which is why I brought it up. You take away certain shots and you end up being a pretty limited batsmen, which is fine if you're a Richardson or Waugh, not so much if your Guptill.
Tbh, I'm not sure looking to hook 140k bouncers with a crooked technique would really help Guptill much.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That was rather lucky for Guptill. I do hope he scores at least a fifty here even though he's still clearly not up to test opening.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Slice of luck there for Guppy. In spite of my ongoing disdain for guys presence in the team, I really hope he makes the most of it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Also good work Watling. Though it does remind me a little of how another wicketkeeper batsman of ours used to whack fifties when the match was already lost.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I like Guptill, I really do. It pains me that he's so incredibly rubbish at opening in Tests.

He'll improve though. I get the feeling he'd sell his grandmother to Romanian gypsies to succeed at Test level.