Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Flem in making quite a lot of sense shocker

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    I do wonder if 'senior players' is more refering to the likes of Mills and Oram - of course they don't play tests any more but we play enough ODIs and T20s for them to be an influence.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Time for Yovich to step in as captain IMO.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

The way Taylor used the bowlers in the SL test was excellent. Especially his management of Astle. Probably Bond's influence - which is really where I think Taylor holds the biggest advantage a captain can have; he's humble enough to be willing to learn and implement other people's ideas. Obviously I don't actually know this as I'm not in the team but just from the way he talks he seems this way.

I would be really interested to know where Bond stands on this ordeal. He's proven his integrity countless times, and he's had a big enough career-ruining run in with NZC to not automatically side with the administrators...

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    what does that have to do with what I said?
    Well, it's the captain's responsibility that there is discipline instilled. An 'uninspired' player could be prone to breaching conduct (maybe this fits Ryder) so therefore I disagree with your assessment that a captain shouldn't have to inspire those who maybe aren't as 'passionate' or 'committed' as himself. That's his job imo.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Cricket Spectator HolyHandGrenade's Avatar
    Ross Taylor Keen to Stay on as Captain of Black... | Stuff.co.nz

It seems like it is almost certain that these rumours are true now.

pretty much makes it out to be "Ross Taylor vs The World"

If he is sacked, I wouldn't really hold it against him if he just quit international cricket, and went off to chase the money in the T20 leagues, no need for him to put up with this crap anymore.
    Last edited by HolyHandGrenade; 04-12-2012 at 10:14 AM.

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    Good grief! Yet another fiasco envelops NZ Cricket. Is there another sporting body that is so inept? The coach has to shoulder much of the blame this time around, although the Board and CEO also need a kicking for allowing it to happen. What did Hesson say when he was first made coach? Something to the effect that "Taylor was appointed by the Board". He clearly and explicitly did not express any support for the captain. Absolutely disgraceful. And it seems that his lack of support has translated into stabbing knives into Ross' back. I certainly wouldn't want to be a player in that team now. Who knows who the coach might going crying to the Board about next.

A coach should try to work with what he has got, and New Zealand certainly hasn't got enough talent to keep alienating our best players.

What upsets me most is that this is not a single incident, but an ongoing trainwreck that has gone on for years. Look at the talent we have chased away through inept man management and self-interested decision-making. Shane Bond's ban still rankles.

It seems to me that a central problem is that while money has poured into cricket in recent years, NZ Cricket has never developed beyond the parochial, self-serving, provincial body that it always has been. We appoint more and more people to new roles (Buchanan, Littlejohn etc), but that merely makes an already cloudy and messy decision-making process even cloudier. The whole structure of the organisation needs to be completely overhauled, so that accountabilities are clear, and decision-making processes are fair and transparent. Else these types of disasters are just going to keep happening and no-one from NZ Cricket will be held accountable for them.

No wonder people are losing interest in the game here, I am certainly finding it much harder to support our national team.
    Last edited by Binkley; 04-12-2012 at 01:17 PM.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Good post, Binkley and welcome to the board.

I reckon we could make an excellent XI from players that management have managed to chase away in the last decade. Fully agree with you that inept management is to blame here. The people at the top change, but the debacles remain alarmingly similar year-on-year.

School Boy/Girl Captain Binkley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Good post, Binkley and welcome to the board.

I reckon we could make an excellent XI from players that management have managed to chase away in the last decade. Fully agree with you that inept management is to blame here. The people at the top change, but the debacles remain alarmingly similar year-on-year.
    Thanks for the welcome. I joined, after some time as a lurker, 'cos I wanted to celebrate our victory over Sri Lanka. I didn't even get to make a single post on that topic before all my enthusiasm was knocked out of me by the captaincy disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I joined, after some time as a lurker, 'cos I wanted to celebrate our victory over Sri Lanka. I didn't even get to make a single post on that topic before all my enthusiasm was knocked out of me by the captaincy disaster.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Fellas, see below a two-part interview with Mark Greatbatch about the whole Taylor Captaincy fiasco on the live sport breakfast show this morning.

Mark Greatbatch on the Breakfast Of Champions (part 1) - LiveSPORT Radio Audio Archive Player - Audio - LiveSPORT part 1

Mark Greatbatch on the Breakfast Of Champions (part 2) - LiveSPORT Radio Audio Archive Player - Audio - LiveSPORT part 2

Radio Sport bulletins now reporting Ross will refuse to tour when stripped of the captaincy today.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Radio Sport bulletins now reporting Ross will refuse to tour when stripped of the captaincy today.
    Of course, that would be the worst possible scenario. Well done Hesson and NZ cricket !

State Vice-Captain BackFootPunch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Bloody hell. Would rather have McCullum ****ed right off than not have Taylor.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    Bloody hell. Would rather have McCullum ****ed right off than not have Taylor.
    Would rather have Taylor anything than anything McCullum.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information