• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Colin Miller

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Can anyone remember an over from Miller in a test match where he changed his bowling style for the last ball, and got a wicket? I seem to recall he was bowling spin for 5 balls then changed to medium pace and got someone out. I think it was either in pakistan in 1998, or NZ in 2000.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I remember it. He got Matthew Sinclair out lbw when he changed to medium pace for his last delivery in the 2000 series in New Zealand.

robelinda

hah no way, im watching it RIGHT NOW! 2nd test. Been looking for hours, soon as i posted the thread, i found it. Always the way.....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It was actually on Foxtel a couple of years ago. Sky NZ put it on in a rain delay and Foxtel ended up with the coverage.

robelinda

yeah i found the original footage first on video, then i found the digital version on dvd that i taped during that rain delay, much better quality!

Noble One

Colin Miller WAG. Crucial member of the side during a stage where the gloss had come off Shane Warne.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I remember him bowling medium pace for an entire spell in Chennai in 2001 when SAchin got a 100, switch to offspin for one ball, have Sachin run down the track and hit him over his head for a six and then go back to bowling medium pace.. That was funny to say the least!!!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Typical. Turn a thread about Colin Miller into one about ****ing Tendulkar.

WAC. A Jono thing to do.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
what was funky's deal? I was a bit young to actually know what was going on at that stage.

Did he get in the team as one or the other? Or was he always a bit of both? Did he do it in state cricket beforehand too (tasmania?)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
what was funky's deal? I was a bit young to actually know what was going on at that stage.

Did he get in the team as one or the other? Or was he always a bit of both? Did he do it in state cricket beforehand too (tasmania?)
He started off as a pace bowler and had a pretty middling career in Victoria before taking up offies after he moved to Tasmania. He still bowled a bit of both after that but he was primarily an off spin bowler after the "conversion" and was picked in Tests on that basis. Still bowled meds for spells occasionally but at international level he was primarily an off spinner.

Last edited:

Noble One

His story is quite remarkable. As a medium-pacer he was never in contention for Australian selection. As a converted spinner he didn't possess any major tricks - relied on accurate and big looping off-breaks. Such a better example of a classical art compared to those who followed since (i.e Hauritz, Cullen and Lyon)

Shame his peak was towards the end. Type of cricketer who was good for the game - crazy **** with his hair.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Johan Botha was similar. Started out as a fast-medium and converted to spin after an injury or something. And now he's the best player in the Aussie domestic scene.

Jager

International Debutant
Johan Botha was similar. Started out as a fast-medium and converted to spin after an injury or something. And now he's the best player in the Aussie domestic scene.
The best player!? Can only assume this is a jab at Skippos