• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson could probably benefit from a couple of FC games against one of the better attacks, or maybe a shift to 6 with Flynn up to 3.

here pewsy pewsy pewsy
I'll bite - stop moving Williamson and Flynn around the order :@

Carl Cachopa for 3. There's my knee-jerk for the afternoon.

Howsie

International Captain
Williamson could probably benefit from a couple of FC games against one of the better attacks, or maybe a shift to 6 with Flynn up to 3.

here pewsy pewsy pewsy
Except Flynn doesn't have the game to bat at three, too loose, too much of a slasher.

New Zealand just have to stop ****ing Williamson around, bat him at three in the one day team and don't select him at all for the bloody 20/20 crap. While he was off at the World Cup batting at eight New Zealand were busy playing an "A" series against India, should've been playing in that AFAIC.

Flem274*

123/5
Other ****s Watch

Brownlie currently 52* against Gillespie, McKay et al
Ryder out for 1 to Andy Ellis

At least Milne and Wheeler ripped ND a new one.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Except Flynn doesn't have the game to bat at three, too loose, too much of a slasher.
I wouldn't call his game loose. He has got out slashing a few times though. Still, I like how late he plays the ball.

New Zealand just have to stop ****ing Williamson around, bat him at three in the one day team and don't select him at all for the bloody 20/20 crap. While he was off at the World Cup batting at eight New Zealand were busy playing an "A" series against India, should've been playing in that AFAIC.
agree with this. for the life of me I can't understand why you'd move Williamson from 3 in ODIs and Taylor from 4 and McCullum from opening.

Excellent teasing bowling from Herath but nice to see the NZ batsmen finding the singles.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't call his game loose. He has got out slashing a few times though.
Am a fan of Flynn too but would definitely call this current version of him loose. First time he was in the NZ team he had the discipline to put away a lot of attacking shots to try to make a success of himself as a grinder (and it didn't work). But since his return almost every time he's been dismissed it's been to an attacking stroke - that slash in particular he plays compulsively - the SL bowlers surely knew that and kept tempting him outside off in the first innings until he cracked, slashed at it and edged behind.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Am a fan of Flynn too but would definitely call this current version of him loose. First time he was in the NZ team he had the discipline to put away a lot of attacking shots to try to make a success of himself as a grinder (and it didn't work). But since his return almost every time he's been dismissed it's been to an attacking stroke.
Not agreeing or disagreeing - but just observing he has shelved the sweep so far.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Am a fan of Flynn too but would definitely call this current version of him loose. First time he was in the NZ team he had the discipline to put away a lot of attacking shots to try to make a success of himself as a grinder (and it didn't work). But since his return almost every time he's been dismissed it's been to an attacking stroke.
true.
at least he'd bring a left hander to the top order. Need something to break up the rhythm of the bowlers when players like Guptill et al get bogged down.

Lovely bowling again from Herath.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor gone.

Really our only chance was to not lose any wickets to the seamers and just make hay against anything loose and just accept that eventually Herath was going to get you but not before you had scored 50-70 runs.

Howsie

International Captain
Wow, who couldn't see that happening.

Taylor is a pretty decent player of spin but he doesn't help himself very much with that stupid shuffle, he just ends up getting into no man's land a lot of the time.