• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, good point, well made.

You don't win for taking 19 wickets - Test cricket does not work like that. A 1-1 is a 1-1.
For me, before the England series, too many people seemed to forget that about South Africa. The way people talked you would have thought they'd beaten India, Australia and England at home, instead of simply playing well with the odd bad test costing them a series win.

There's a big mental factor in cricket, and that can often be the difference between the opposition surviving 9 down and you winning the game.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Who cares?

Australia just outplayed South Africa 2 games to 1. South Africa still won the series.
obviously it is 1-1.
I was just comparing their performance to Ind in SA.

**** dhoni :@
Dhoni should've been sacked right then from test captaincy.
I recall quite a few saying at the time that they would never forgive dhoni for costing the series.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
obviously it is 1-1.
I was just comparing their performance to Ind in SA.
Well then why not get into petty things like the fact that South Africa hammered India in their test win while India's win was a much closer test match? Because it's the result that matters.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Well then why not get into petty things like the fact that South Africa hammered India in their test win while India's win was a much closer test match? Because it's the result that matters.
india went into the test series (1st test) with no practice whatsoever and without zaheer khan. hence the huge margin.

yes i get what you are saying. it's the final result that counts not how well you do.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah they can all bat can't they - and the pitch doesn't really have any demons (yet) - I'd expect them to get around 270-280. Not enough to force a win though.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah they can all bat can't they - and the pitch doesn't really have any demons (yet) - I'd expect them to get around 270-280. Not enough to force a win though.
270-280?

being too pessimistic

my prediction-

fall of wickets-

120/5
160/6
170/7
210/8
225/9
230/10

I hope they don't bat slow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What about Kohli? Hyped as the next superstar, yet averaging in the mid-thirties after a pretty representative number of Tests. How can anyone seriously argue he's worth a place in the side above some of the other young guns who have yet to be given an opportunity because of Tendulkar and co. hanging on too long if he doesn't do anything in this match? I haven't seen anything at this, the ultimate level of the game, in which the entire skill set and mental approach are tested to the utmost, to suggest he's anything special.
Lol, yeah Kohli is definitely at fault.

I mean he was absolutely awful in that 4-0 loss to England, where he didn't play a test. :sleep:

Also awful in the 4-0 loss to Australia where he was India's best batsman.

He has had an awful England series, but you persist with youth. You don't drop them after 12 months, especially when they have 2 centuries to their name in that year.

Satyanash89

Banned
More than anything else, its the fact that tendulkar no longer seems to know when to come forward and when to go back. Just seems to have totally lost his judgement of length