• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
If we do enforce it even if it is available then Cook should never return home. Should be looking to set them 400+ in the last innings from here but I wouldn't even declare our 2nd innings.
Basic rule - if you are less than half way through the game don't even think about enforcing the follow on.

If your bowlers have bowled more than 60 overs in the 1st innings don't do it unless time is short. Never underestimate the problems of a tiring bowling attack.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
who was the **** who wanted india's 2nd wicket to fall
i told him that it would inevitably lead to a collapse...

india's three true batsmen are yet to come however.
jadeja, ashwin and chawla.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
One of the big things Anderson has done is stop giving away easy runs, there's only one series in the last 10 where he has conceded more than 3 an over (and for most of that it was all about attacking and he took 21 wicket)

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yeah, if Anderson keeps going then he'll be up there with Steyn who's not as consistent as he used to be.

This performance is insulting really. I've been cynical for a long time but I hope the fans stop supporting these assholes and this set up in general until we see some real change. They don't deserve any less.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andy Zaltzman @ZaltzCricket

Since World Cup win, Gambhir, Sehwag, Tendulkar and Dhoni have collectively scored 2 centuries in 118 Test innings, all averaging 28-32.

Spark

Global Moderator
What about Kohli? Hyped as the next superstar, yet averaging in the mid-thirties after a pretty representative number of Tests. How can anyone seriously argue he's worth a place in the side above some of the other young guns who have yet to be given an opportunity because of Tendulkar and co. hanging on too long if he doesn't do anything in this match? I haven't seen anything at this, the ultimate level of the game, in which the entire skill set and mental approach are tested to the utmost, to suggest he's anything special.
His innings in Perth was quality, to be fair. He can play. I certainly haven't seen anything in Tests to suggest he'll be the superstar that many seem to think he'll be (he may), though, and I've long thought that Pujara is/will be better.