• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being serious you needed a 2nd paceman to exploit the uneven bounce first up, might have been a different game if you had one in the side. Done very little for the spinners so far but that will change as the game progresses. Still a crap pitch for a test match as it so slow. Game will probably be decided by which side has that crap session with the bat and loses a ruck of wickets from nowhere.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England had a chance to get a big first innings total here, they'll definitely feel disappointed with some of those shot selections. Reckon they'll easily make 300-350 though which is still pretty decent.

cnerd123

likes this
Chawla and Ashwin defo selected as allrounders. Jadeja is in as second spinner. Makes a lot more sense now. Expect batting lineup to read Ashwin-Chawla-MSD-Jadeja

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chawla and Ashwin defo selected as allrounders. Jadeja is in as second spinner. Makes a lot more sense now. Expect batting lineup to read Ashwin-Chawla-MSD-Jadeja
There is no way Chawla will bat ahead of Jadeja unless he comes in as nightwatchman or something. I'll bet you $1000.

smash84

The Tiger King
If England can go up to 350 and bat out at least 2 sessions for tomorrow then I reckon they will be in a pretty good position to win the series

cnerd123

likes this
Slow day comes to an end.

Honours about even atm. Pitch doesn't seem to be breaking up yet. Morning session tomorrow will be important.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Brave positive cricket here from England, clearly going all guns blazing for the win.

Select an extra opening bat, and Tim Bresnan for his batting, then smash your way to 199 in a day against this lethal gun bowling attack :ph34r:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
But I thought this pitch took the skill out of the game, right? :ph34r:
Let's wait and see what happens. It seems that the first day's play has demanded patience and application and durability and adhesion; not technical skills so to speak. I am surprised that India have not taken more than five wickets having had us 16/2. It's going to be an intriguing contest, and it could be argued either way whose day it is depending on what your perception of par is.

It would have been interesting to see what Finn could have extracted, bounce or otherwise, from the wicket, but I am still expecting the pitch to have a significant say in what happens between now and Monday. Will happily taste if required...