• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have to say, losing 3 wickets in a chase of 41 is a little bit funny.
That can happen but what was truly funny was Siddhu screaming at that stage that anything was now possible . . .

The cake was taken by Mr Srinivasan - top honcho of bcci . He wants the Eden curator to be sacked !

And we thought ostriches lived only in Pakistan . . .

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
There's a wonderful quote about the difficulty of convincing someone who's paycheque relies on them denying reality. I'll try to find it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
And? Doesn't change the fact that a 150 run chase on day 5 isn't easy work, it was a realistic target had we batted well in the second innings which we obviously didn't. But I don't think England bats are overly special, Cook aside I'd fancy the rest of this line up. It's India's abysmal batting that has let us down rather than our bowlers.
Agree completely with that last line. The rest is part conjecture part wishful thinking I am afraid . . .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I agree. No point with the ifs and buts, but I don't think the bowlers should be hung out to dry like they have been over the last few years. Batting has been awful in the last 2 tests.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
In the five day game batsmen and bowlers both count. England's bowlers won the game as bowlers do and Indiam batsmen lost it as only batsmen can . . .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This test was an allround effort from England, everyone chipped in. Great performance from them.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Congrats to all CW English fans, a well deserved win by England.

Feel bad for all the CW Indian fans, and as Smali mentioned there are some terrific blokes on here. Best of luck in the last game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
2 points to Furball
3-3 in the centurion stakes
Swann and Ojha tied on most wickets
1-1 in series
.5 to me for KP's 186
.5 to me for Monty's 11 wickets

Furball 3-3 Jono
2 points to Furball for the win
4-3 me in the centurion stakes
Ojha has most wickets
2-1 in series (worst I can do is a share of the point)
.5 to me for Cook's 190
.5 to me for Anderson's 6 wickets

Furball 6-3 Jono

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
If Auntie Shanta had whiskers she would have been Uncle Shankar :sleep:
no, she would've just plucked them out

i didn't know criticizing your team for their inept batting fell under the category of being a whinging bitch

if it does then calling others whinging bitches for doing so is whinging itself, isn't it? (complaining about others complaining)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
no, she would've just plucked them out

i didn't know criticizing your team for their inept batting fell under the category of being a whinging bitch

if it does then calling others whinging bitches for doing so is whinging itself, isn't it? (complaining about others complaining)
Sorry mate you misunderstood. I was only referring to the futility of the if-but line of thought . . .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
2 points to Furball for the win
4-3 me in the centurion stakes
Ojha has most wickets
2-1 in series (worst I can do is a share of the point)
.5 to me for Cook's 190
.5 to me for Anderson's 6 wickets

Furball 6-3 Jono
Ashwin robbed of a century is crushing.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What the selectors will probably pick -

Gambhir
Sehwag
Pujara
Tendulkar
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni
Ashwin
Zaheer
Ojha

2nd Seamer - If they do decide to drop Ishant, then I guess they'll pick Dinda who's been in the squad for the first three games, unless Yadav is fit.

I'd go for a similar side, except my 2nd seamer would probably be (if fit) Yadav, Praveen, Pankaj in that order. Would love to drop Dhoni for Saha or Kaul, but I don't want another captain to be a scapegoat for his failings.

Last edited: