• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@RossLTaylor

A lot of speculation out there. I have heard from the CEO once. I haven't made any decisions. At no time have I given NZC any...
...ultimatums about Hesson or Me or South Africa.

:ph34r:
Nice to hear but what has it got to do with England in India? :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
There was never a run in all fairness to Ashwin. Dhoni's basically hit it straight to Finn and charged.
It was still Dhoni's call. Dhoni was running to the danger end, he was the one who was most likely to be runout by the call. And if the the man running to the danger end calls for the run, you respond, because it means that that guy believes he can make it.

By standing around doing **** all you confuse the guy who is running it, creating hesitation, and therefore increasing his chance of being runout at both ends.

smash84

The Tiger King
what seems to be a par score for this wicket?

Is it really as flat as it was made out to be in the first session?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what seems to be a par score for this wicket?

Is it really as flat as it was made out to be in the first session?
I think batting first up you should get minimum of 400. We have bowled well but not brilliantly and India have batted shall we say sloppily. They may still get that many but 300 looks more likely than 400 at present. The outfield is like lightning so if KP or Prior got in and stayed in the score would rattle along when it is England batting.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Excepting the '96 semi final, not once in the last twenty years has the Eden Gardens behaved like a 230/6 sort of wicket on the first day. If England can hold their nerve and bat semi-sensibly, they're making a big score here.

cnerd123

likes this
Think they're persisting with reverse swing? And the pitch is slow, maybe waiting for a dismissal like Yuvraj's.

Could also want Finn to have an over or two to warm up before letting him use the new ball.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Been a pretty typical day one, though the fact that there's been no stand out performances at all is unexpected in a series that's had a few players carrying each team. You'd say every session has been more or less even given the score, but England getting nothing with the first new ball except a stupid run out suggests India really haven't made the most out of winning the toss on this wicket. Probably England's day, but only to the extend of cancelling out the toss than being genuinely on top.