• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Wrong un

Cricket Spectator
KP was immense today. Looked so composed and seemed to be batting to a plan. His celebrations were relatively muted as well seems massively focused.

Does anyone know if he is confirmed to be back for the ODIs and T20s in India also or are they just reviewing this after the Tests?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Would this count as better than his masterpiece against SA last summer for KP?

Been a top knock and safe to say he is now reintegrated. Another hour or so of him going fully and it could be enough of a lead to win the game.
Tbh, I wasn't really sure whether I rated that SA knock as better than the Colombo effort. How this knock is rated will depend on how many more he scores and the match result.
After what happened this evening. I'd rank it his greatest ever innings.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Vaughan bringing the trollols

@MichaelVaughan said:
If India are not careful England might play 4 spinners against them in the next test... Clearly they have a weakness!!!!!! #lol

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Vaughan bringing the trollols
Yep Mick, lets get Rafiq in there, I'm a big fan and with a county average of under 70 with the ball he'd definitely trouble the Indians. Hopefully the pitch for the third Test actually helps the spinners a bit unlike this one.

smash84

The Tiger King
England have a good chance of winning this if they don't mess up in the 4th innings.

Do expect India to set them a target of at least a 100 though

And in the 4th innings any thing is possible

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf - because he does talk 95% ****e - he gets a bucket full of abuse from India fans on twitter so it's no doubt a response to some of the stuff sent his way in the first test. Good to see him rising above it, just like we all know I would :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England have a good chance of winning this if they don't mess up in the 4th innings.

Do expect India to set them a target of at least a 100 though

And in the 4th innings any thing is possible
100 is a long way away.

I'm okay with anything up to 150. Obviously this year has taught me that anything can happen - but really we can have a ****e couple of sessions tomorrow and still get the job done.

An India win from here would be one of the great victories, like the mighty whites against Southampton in 2001.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tbf - because he does talk 95% ****e - he gets a bucket full of abuse from India fans on twitter so it's no doubt a response to some of the stuff sent his way in the first test. Good to see him rising above it, just like we all know I would :ph34r:
To be honest I just wanted to plug Rafiq because I rate him and a saw a good opportunity to do so, thinly 'guised as a piss-take of everyone's second favourite cricket personality.

Spark

Global Moderator
Cannot see India getting remotely close to 100 in front unless this pitch completely changes character or Monty/Swann forget how to bowl.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cannot see India getting remotely close to 100 in front unless this pitch completely changes character or Monty/Swann forget how to bowl.
Harby though innit, will start smacking it, if it comes off, could see a target.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think that was the best he has ever played as well.

Just got to ignore all the **** and enjoy it, he is never going to be consistent but that is 3 ridiculously good innings he has played in tests this year, il take that.
Actually, Pietersen's probably been one of the most consistent batsmen in international cricket for years. He's constantly averaging around 50, series after series, year after year.

Where Pietersen's perhaps let himself down is not cashing in on his good form enough and averaging 65-70 over a 18 month to 2 year spell.