• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright, I know Sachin doesn't like batting at three but this is taking the piss
There's no need for Sachin to bat at three. Give these young guys like Pujara and Kohli a go, the experience to finish off a game, and some runs/confidence under their belt. I much rather see Pujara and Kohli carrying us past the finish line then Sachin, now.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't mind that, Compton down to 5 and Ginger Jonny at 6. Won't happen though.
i would leave compton opening and bat root wherever but obv. you could switch them around. it hardly matters much.

also i don't know if morgan is actually the better option i'm just damn opposed to him playing. damn damn damn opposed

i'd sooner play onions over finn if broad wasn't to play, given you'll be only playing 2 seamers. you know, fully fit bowlers and all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Swapping one unfit bowler for another? Won't work.
Haha yeah. Broad will be better for the run; Finn could well put in another Broad-first-Test-like performance in the second Test if he comes back underdone. Realistically Broad is a much better bowler than Finn so you'd only be able to drop him for fitness/injury and Finn's even less fit than Broad at present.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha yeah. Broad will be better for the run; Finn could well put in another Broad-first-Test-like performance in the second Test if he comes back underdone. Realistically Broad is a much better bowler than Finn so you'd only be able to drop him for fitness/injury and Finn's even less fit that Broad at present.
Broad looked so poor in this test though, I don't think he has looked quite right for a good while now.

I'm probably being duped by the old pace thing but I fancy Finn better as an impact bowler, especially when Monty and Swann are be going to be bowling the majority of the overs.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if serious or being sarcastic but no regardless.

And just a general comment, the rest of the test venues will be much more conventional spin rather than slow and low of this pitch, I expect England to do much much better in the rest of the series, especially at Eden Gardens which is true flat deck.
Ahmedabad before this game was as flat as they come. And that is anywhere in the world...

Eden Gardens will be similar to this i think. Slow low turning pitch.

Mumbai however is red soil, and gives a lot more bounce and turn usually. It's certainly not flat.

Should have played in Delhi one game. Certain win. :p

Howe_zat

Audio File
I like Root, but I don't think Compton should be moved down the order. Throwing a volte face over his role in the side in the middle of his debut series won't help him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Almost all the grounds in india have good green cover now...infact i think this test had too much ball was not going to boundary that quickly....for reverse swing you need a rouhg pitch and players with good saliva...
There was reverse swing in this game alright but slow of the wicket.

Yadav also used it but with more pace. And the pitch and adjoining areas being dry affects the ball enough to reverse, plus the grass in India is generally dry too and the ball (SG) has a pronounced seam.