• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
As if we'll drop Ashwin. Best bowler in the first dig.
Yes, He has just become the fastest Indian bowler to 50 wickets..and has not performed well in only this innings (not even the match). So talking about dropping him is ridiculous imo..Also, the only bowler in the squad who can bat a bit(not confident at all on Harby's batting)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't. Our only hope is to win a toss and have another Cook masterclass to give us a score and hope India crack under scoreboard pressure. Can't see anything but 4-0 even now.
I think we have seen just about enough in this second innings to suggest we might manage a little better than that, should be able to draw a couple I would have thought.

biased indian

International Coach
if there isn't going to be reverse swing, is there any point having him bowl deliveries at 130 kmph with the batsmen batting well well outside their crease to nullify even the possible LBWs.
Almost all the grounds in india have good green cover now...infact i think this test had too much ball was not going to boundary that quickly....for reverse swing you need a rouhg pitch and players with good saliva...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we have seen just about enough in this second innings to suggest we might manage a little better than that, should be able to draw a couple I would have thought.
All on Cook and Prior though, the others need to help. Yes, KP will have one test where he does well but you still think we are more likely to collapse in a heap than bat well.

Need to learn faster than we did in UAE anyway.

biased indian

International Coach
are you suggesting there wasn't any reverse swing on this deck? Because there was, its just that the pitch is so slow even the reverse is ineffective, or at least not as effective as one would hope.

And anyways unless they have changed the pitches massively for this series (which I don't think they have or should, or even if its possible) but Mumbai and Kolkota should be good batting pitches, and we'll have to bowl well to force a result. Nagpur is also a solid batting pitch, which is why I'm a little scared, not of losing a test match, but of draws because I can see a draw or two over the next 3 tests.
if dhoni hassome hold on these things you can be sure that the mubai and eden will trun more than they usally do

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
are you suggesting there wasn't any reverse swing on this deck? Because there was, its just that the pitch is so slow even the reverse is ineffective, or at least not as effective as one would hope.

And anyways unless they have changed the pitches massively for this series (which I don't think they have or should, or even if its possible) but Mumbai and Kolkota should be good batting pitches, and we'll have to bowl well to force a result. Nagpur is also a solid batting pitch, which is why I'm a little scared, not of losing a test match, but of draws because I can see a draw or two over the next 3 tests.
so you think the pitches won't be as slow, so reverse swing there won't be ineffective.

sorry

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
if dhoni hassome hold on these things you can be sure that the mubai and eden will trun more than they usally do
Doesn't work like that, you can't just make the pitch take more turn at will, I'm hoping Mumbai turns faster than last time when we played WI where it was pretty flat for about 4 days until day 5.

Eden gardens is a sure-shot road, and Nagpur also is a batting friendly wicket.

Another reason why I hate England's long tail is because you can't just close up an innings after getting a team to 6 or 7 down, so I would be most happy if England drop the likes of Broad and Bresnan.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All on Cook and Prior though, the others need to help. Yes, KP will have one test where he does well but you still think we are more likely to collapse in a heap than bat well.

Need to learn faster than we did in UAE anyway.
Compton looks like he might be able to manage some runs, even if they are just really hard earned 50s it would be a help.

As you say KP is bound to play one outrageously good innings, need everything to fall into place then and we may even sneak a win.

Trott is becoming more of a worry, knew he had been struggling but averages 32 in his last 15 tests or something, had no idea it was that bad.

biased indian

International Coach
Doesn't work like that, you can't just make the pitch take more turn at will, I'm hoping Mumbai turns faster than last time when we played WI where it was pretty flat for about 4 days until day 5.

Eden gardens is a sure-shot road, and Nagpur also is a batting friendly wicket.

Another reason why I hate England's long tail is because you can't just close up an innings after getting a team to 6 or 7 down, so I would be most happy if England drop the likes of Broad and Bresnan.
Dhoni has bee advocating about turniong pitches for eng aus series for the last 2-3 months and it not as if that the mubai and eden never turns they even had dust bowls ..so i dont see why it cannot happen this time again

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni has bee advocating about turniong pitches for eng aus series for the last 2-3 months and it not as if that the mubai and eden never turns they even had dust bowls ..so i dont see why it cannot happen this time again
Dhoni has always advocated for turning pitches, his comments are just being highlighted more now because of the 8-0 loss. Anyways I don't expect the pitches to play too differently from how they are normally.

biased indian

International Coach
Dhoni has always advocated for turning pitches, his comments are just being highlighted more now because of the 8-0 loss. Anyways I don't expect the pitches to play too differently from how they are normally.
also mumbai and eden has produced result always..so dont see them ending as draw

mumbai will definetly turn ...

also in eden the first hour will always help the fast bowlers with early start so england have better hope of that any way