• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well good night, I'd like to say it's been fun, but it really ****ing hasn't.
Wish I had just set my alarm for end of lunch. Pissed off that I'm going to have to wait up for at least a few overs for the million in one chance that it might be exciting.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
wonder if ashwin will be picked for the next game? he's been inconsistent and too costly

also wondering if either of broad or bresnan will play? (if the pitch is similar)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
wonder if ashwin will be picked for the next game? he's been inconsistent and too costly

also wondering if either of broad or bresnan will play? (if the pitch is similar)
Ashwin will still retain his place, I think your forgetting that India have been bowling since late day 2 so it does get tiring, and Ashwin is a more attacking spinner so he will generally be more expensive.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Would say Harbhajan has a chance, though Fletcher does like to keep the same team going. Depends if he is carrying an injury, been worse as game has gone on.

As for our lot, well one of them has to make way for Monty if the pitches are going to continue like this which they will be.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashwin will still retain his place, I think your forgetting that India have been bowling since late day 2 so it does get tiring, and Ashwin is a more attacking spinner so he will generally be more expensive.
harby in place for zaheer?

is there a lush outfield in mumbia? if there is, then i doubt there'll be much reverse swing...

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
harby in place for zaheer if the pitch is as slow and low?
Not sure if serious or being sarcastic but no regardless.

And just a general comment, the rest of the test venues will be much more conventional spin rather than slow and low of this pitch, I expect England to do much much better in the rest of the series, especially at Eden Gardens which is true flat deck.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And just a general comment, the rest of the test venues will be much more conventional spin rather than slow and low of this pitch, I expect England to do much much better in the rest of the series, especially at Eden Gardens which is true flat deck.
I don't. Our only hope is to win a toss and have another Cook masterclass to give us a score and hope India crack under scoreboard pressure. Can't see anything but 4-0 even now.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if serious or being sarcastic but no regardless.

if there isn't going to be reverse swing, is there any point having him bowl deliveries at 130 kmph with the batsmen batting well well outside their crease to nullify even the possible LBWs.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
if there's isn't going to be reverse swing, is there any point having him bowl deliveries at 130 kmph with the batsman batting well well outside their crease to nullify even the possible LBWs.
are you suggesting there wasn't any reverse swing on this deck? Because there was, its just that the pitch is so slow even the reverse is ineffective, or at least not as effective as one would hope.

And anyways unless they have changed the pitches massively for this series (which I don't think they have or should, or even if its possible) but Mumbai and Kolkota should be good batting pitches, and we'll have to bowl well to force a result. Nagpur is also a solid batting pitch, which is why I'm a little scared, not of losing a test match, but of draws because I can see a draw or two over the next 3 tests.