Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Infamous

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Gavaskar just over Warne. McGrath was a dick on the field but you get the feeling he has mellowed and is far less of a wanker in retirement.
    I find McGrath even more of a wanker in retirement than I did when he was playing itbt.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Gavaskar
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I find McGrath even more of a wanker in retirement than I did when he was playing itbt.
    Take away the "taking shedloads of wickets for eff all" and his appeal does rather diminish for Australians, I imagine.

I know I keep saying it, but his fey speaking voice really ****s me. Strapping country boys from Narromine should not sound as camp as he does.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    One bloke swore like a nut case at Sarwan.

The other raises millions for cancer research.

Nah.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Really tough this one. But have to pick Warne.

International 12th Man
    Sunil Gavaskar

Gavaskar

Just an enormous ****.

Just reading the write-ups, can't give to anyone but Warne

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Results for Round 1, Battle 9:

Sunil Gavaskar - 19
    Shane Warne - 4
    Glenn McGrath - 1

wtf guys srsly
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    tbf Warne was up against some pretty ****ty opponents
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Yeah, if he'd been in that round with Kallis, Botha and Ajmla, reckon he would have gone through.

Round 1, Battle 10

Mohammad Asif (Pakistan)

Crimes:

- Suspended for being a drug cheat (exonerated after a lengthly boo-****ing-hoo), 2006
    - Suspended for being a drug cheat, 2009
    - Third stooge of the spot fixing scandal
    - Drug smuggling in the UAE
    - Attempted extortion of his fiance
    - Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

"Run faster, ****er!" - Salman Butt to Asif just before he bowled his incriminating no-ball

"I didn't do anything wrong. There was one no-ball and, whatever the scenario was behind it, I described it in the court. There are lots of things and it will be in my book, which will be launched very soon." - Foreword to Asif: It's Tough Being Me

"It is hard to see how this could be an isolated occurrence for you." - Justice Cooke hands down his judgment on the above quote

"I am hopeful that I will come out of the problem that I found myself in unwittingly." - Which problem, Mohammad?

Idiot.

FFS what a waste of talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    If true (not the detention but the posession), then Asif must rank as one of the most stupid and arrogant guys on the face of the planet

Arjuna Ranatunga (Sri Lanka)

Crimes:

- Chronic troll
    - BMI in triple figures
    - Six-match ban for being an omnidouche against England
    - Dodged said ban by threatening to sue the ICC
    - THAT'S RACIST
    - So is that
    - And that
    - Now Sri Lanka's deputy minister for tourism for outstanding contribution to international relations

"You don't get a runner for being an unfit, fat ****." - Ian Healy after Ranatunga called for a runner

"The least enjoyable match I've ever played in." - Alec Stewart on a game after Ranatunga led his players off the field for 15 minutes

"Stand over there." - Ranatunga to umpire Ross Emerson after no-balling Murali in 1999

"Put a Mars Bar on a good length, that should get him." - Merv Hughes

"He was always very quick to try to gain sympathy by portraying Sri Lanka as the new kids on the block when it appeared they had become as adept as any at gamesmanship." - Shane Warne

But I do believe Ranatunga and Ganguly will be remembered more for being pricks in Aust than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    It's the Ross Emerson-Murali show.

With Tony Greig sticking up for the disgusting Ranatunga.

Matthew Hayden (Australia)

Crimes:

- FTB
    - Smashed a door after being dismissed in a Sydney Ashes Test
    - Called India a third world country after one too many delays
    - Plagiarised own grandma with cookbook recipe 'Grandma's Christmas Pudding'
    - Challenged Ishant Sharma to a boxing fight after the 2008 Sydney Test

"It is striking behaviour from a man who talks regularly about himself as a committed Christian; presumably more fundamentalist than pacifist." - David Hopps

"He is 19, why doesn't he just worry about his bowling for a while? I like the idea of actually getting into the ring. I like that, let's bring that one on." - Hayden on Sharma, Brisbane radio

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Irritates me no end. Not sure why, just does. Have never really been a fan of him as a cricketer or a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The phrase "God-bothering *******" was coined on a different forum I frequent to describe Hayden, and I've always thought it was pretty apt.
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C View Post
    Hayden would've either died on the pitch or scored in single digits nine times out of 10 if he tried this front-foot nonsense against Donald/Ambrose/Wasim/waqar/Walsh/Pollock in their prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Then there was the hate stage from 2003-2006 when, having cemented himself in the team, he seemed to lose his innocence and starting acting like a real jerk on the field - an absolute bully, and a sharp contrast from the optimistic, innocent Haydos of the 1990's.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Can't stand him. I can't stand anyone of Hayden, Symonds, Harbhajan, Sreesanth. Don't want anything to do with them, and will be actively rooting against all four.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I always thought he used to come across as a bit of a blow-hard at times & still doesn't strike one as a player with an especially interesting mental hinterland, but have mellowed towards him somewhat recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    As to Tests, I've said it a million times - Hayden is not a capable player of seam and swing, specifically back into the left-hander. Anyone prepared to take him seriously as a genuine modern great, because of his ability to relentlessly pound average bowling to a better extent than most, overrates him as far as I'm concerned. I've always said had he been born 5 years earlier (and hence been too old by the time the bowling standards dropped to the paucity levels they dropped to in 2001\02 to have any recall in that period) he'd almost certainly have no Test career to speak of - probably between 10 and 20 games averaging between 20 and 30. About the same as a Graeme Wood or Andrew Hilditch.
    "It frustrates me that certain sections of humanity want to take someone like myself down." - Hayden after lurking CW
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 17-12-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    tbf Warne was up against some pretty ****ty opponents
    I genuinely believed he would make the semis against any opposition save match fixers.

One of the few 'omni****s' of cricket in terms of variety of controversies.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 17-12-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    LongHopCassidy clearly rooting for a Hayden victory. and why not. he's a ****

but asif....
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Haha I wouldn't be surprised if Asif won the whole thing. Put in Hayden on the same grounds as Kallis in his tendency to attract witch-hunts on CW.

But I did want to see Warne go through, a discussion on ****s wouldn't be complete without him.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 17-12-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information