• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best batting shots

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Some shot from Mahela should be mentioned too. I don't know which one is his signature shot, but his strokeplay is such a treat to watch

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really, people often seem to confuse Sehwag's wild slashes/cuts with upper cuts, Sehwag doesn't play the ramp shot nearly as much as Tendulkar, and he's not as good either.
Yes the ramp shot, not the uppercut. I just define an uppercut as cutting the ball up over the slips, which Sehwag does all the time. He must have hit more sixes over third man than anyone else tbh. Tendulkar has that deft little late uppercut thingy but he's not the only one with the shot.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yes the ramp shot, not the uppercut. I just define an uppercut as cutting the ball up over the slips, which Sehwag does all the time. He must have hit more sixes over third man than anyone else tbh. Tendulkar has that deft little late uppercut thingy but he's not the only one with the shot.
Mark Waugh used to play something similar in ODIs when the quicks pitched short. Rock back to leg and cut it fine and high over slips.

JBMAC

State Captain
Cover drive:Greg Chappell
On-drive: Peter May
Straight drive:Ted Dexter
Back foot drive: Sachin Tendulkar
Pull/hook: Don Bradman
Cut: Allan Border
Late cut:Basil D'Oliviera
Clip off pads: Farokk Engineer
Whomp over long-on: Barry Richards
Whomp over long-off: David Hookes
Sweep: Brian Lara
Reverse sweep: Barry Richards
Slog sweep: Doug Walters
Leg glance: V V S Laxman
General nurdling: Michael Bevan
French cut: Arthur Morriss,Ian Redpath
Edge to slips: Saeed Anwar

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see you JBMAC.

Cover drive/ square drive : Brian Lara
Defensive stroke (forward and back) : Rahul Dravid
Back Foot Drive : Sachin Tendulkar
Square Cut/ Pull : Gordon Greenidge (Boon also great suare cut)

burr

State Vice-Captain
Easily my three favourite shots of the modern era:

Back foot drive: Martyn
Pull: Ponting
That flick/drive from outside off to leg off the spinners: Laxman