• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Left handed XI

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
He was not as good a keeper as as Gilchrist and not as good a batsman as Pollock, Sobers, Lara or Border (borderline this one), no matter what the averages say with or with out gloves. That is as clear as I can articulate it.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He was not as good a keeper as as Gilchrist and not as good a batsman as Pollock, Sobers, Lara or Border (borderline this one), no matter what the averages say with or with out gloves. That is as clear as I can articulate it.
Thanks. That's what you subjective analysis says. I'd agree with Pollock, Sobers and Lara. But Sanag is better than Border or Harvey easily. And Sanga is much better than Gilly with bat, it can offset his keeping deficiencies easily.

And if Sanga finishes with an average near 60, I'd consider him better than Lara and Pollock as well.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't think that it even worthy of a response. No mater where Sanga's a he is average finishes up, he will not quite be in the class of Pollock, Lara and Sobers. With regards to Border, few test players would have faced tougher attacks while being the backbone of Australia's batting, while setting them on the path to greatness. Quite under rated.

kingkallis

International Coach
I think I agree about Sanga being better than Border and Harvey there but dont really understand how people can compare him to Gilchrist? Both plays a different role hence no comparison!

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't think that it even worthy of a response. No mater where Sanga's a he is average finishes up, he will not quite be in the class of Pollock, Lara and Sobers. With regards to Border, few test players would have faced tougher attacks while being the backbone of Australia's batting, while setting them on the path to greatness. Quite under rated.
Thought of responding, nah, I am not bothered to change one eyed rose tinted visions.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthew Hayden
Arthur Morris
Brian Lara
Graeme Pollock
Allan Border
Garry Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Allan Davidson
Wasim Akram
Derek Underwood