• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

YorksLanka

International Debutant
fantastic player and STILLthe best player England have. this is monumentally stupid decision by the ECB to allow their yes man Giles to get his" job for the boys"and not have to manage /coach KP..the latter is impossible for a purely average player at best. I cant believe that England have sacrificed their team so that they can get their favourite into the head coach job..There is at least two years left for KP and i am sure he will go on to score bucket loads of runs in the numerous T20 competitions around the globe..I really feel for him as he has been made the scapegoat...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Eugh. We're knackered. How anyone in their right mind could possibly think we'll do better without Kevin Pietersen than with him is beyond me. He's the finest England batsman of his generation, and in 6 months when we're on our arse, and KP is smashing runs for Surrey, they'll soon change their minds, and we'll have to go through another period of 're-integration'. It's so frustrating, they're undoing all the good work done by Flower in the last few years because of one bad series. Gonna be a long way back for England now, I'm expecting a miserable series in Sri Lanka.

Flower gone, Cook's captaincy under-fire, Trott out, Pietersen out, Prior out, Swann out, no third seamer. Who's guaranteed a place in the side? Cook, Bell, Stokes, Anderson and Broad, anyone else? Root will probably play, but he looks completely out of form. So that makes for at least 5 potential places for new players to come in. That's a pretty major transitional period. Look at the effect it had on Australia. This is going to be a slow couple of years for England.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
As a Sri Lankan, i should be really happy that we wont have to face him in a few months here in England but I cant,- as a fan i want to see the best players playing in the circuit and as i said before i feel that this is a huge mistakeby England and hopefully this decision will be reversed...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from atherton's piece:

"and there were no senior players telling him Pietersen should remain. Pietersen had one or two young acolytes that he surrounded himself with"

gee who does that sound like

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eugh. We're knackered. How anyone in their right mind could possibly think we'll do better without Kevin Pietersen than with him is beyond me. He's the finest England batsman of his generation, and in 6 months when we're on our arse, and KP is smashing runs for Surrey, they'll soon change their minds, and we'll have to go through another period of 're-integration'. It's so frustrating, they're undoing all the good work done by Flower in the last few years because of one bad series. Gonna be a long way back for England now, I'm expecting a miserable series in Sri Lanka.
I am sure the ECB are hoping that KP just plays twenty20 around the world from now on, him making county runs would certainly put them in an awkward position. Hard to see him turning out for 4 day games though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Farcical.

Probably the most spectacular batsman I've ever watched bat live.

AWTGingerfurball. There's a clique at work. As is typical of the MBA types, the ECB probably don't care who's at fault here. All they're interested in is in confirming that the situation is unsalvageable and in deciding which side to sacrifice that would result in fewer casualties. But they've shot themselves in the foot by not realising that you're better served chopping off three fingers than by sacrificing the thumb.

Last edited:

ImpatientLime

International Regular
The Swann clique do come across as the most unlikable bunch of tossers, who take themselves far too seriously.

There was something always very 'school bully' about Swann.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Swann, Anderson, Broad.
Prior?

Swann has retired tho + Prior has been dropped

So there really isn't much of anything left. That's probably how they like it. Nothing left over from the previous generation means they can start with a clean slate.

Last edited:

Spikey

isn't the swann clique just a creation of this forum where we assume x, y and z are in it

benchmark00

The Swann clique are the people who were following the fake KP or whatever it was on twitter. Not really a construct of this forum.