• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand doom and gloom thread

Flem274*

123/5
Should NZ win the final, I give my blessing for this thread to be locked until KW’s retirement.
hmm it's nz though. they get you just when you think you're safe. remember waking up the morning after ross the boss led us to victory in sri lanka 2012?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rename it the England doom and gloom thread until they beat us in a Test series or a world cup final (ties don't count)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Some gloom justified, shouldn't be a sense of doom as the core of the side is still good and there are good/promising reserves too.

Need to ask questions of certain parts of the side (couple of selections, Latham's captaincy, what went wrong with our first choice four-seam attack) while other lessons should already have been learned (when you're ahead of day 1 and batting conditions are lovely, make it count).

Must win the next match obv and if we then beat SA (challenging) this loss may be seen as a timely reminder of what is required to be a good side.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Is Tom Latham really our next captain? Averages 29 when you take out Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, West Indies and Zimbabwe. Averages 17 as captain.

Personally I'm questioning his spot in the side (not that there's many stand-out replacements out there #TeamHay)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True, and it's also only two tests since his 95 and 52 in India (even though that may feel like a long time ago now).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tom the opener shouldn't be in question at this stage.

Tom the opener and captain, absolutely.

Also lock this again please and only reopen when we drop below #6 in the test rankings.