Page 162 of 221 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3314

Thread: *Official* New Zealand Domestic Cricket Season 2012/2013

U19 Debutant
    He's a bit loose in defence. He has a nice range of shots though.

Quote Originally Posted by otagoman View Post
    Redmond would be the other option, he seems like a character
    I wouldn't discount the smarter yet less acclaimed younger cousin of a test jock for some internet snark tbf.

Jacob Duffman ‏@DrDeath32
    "@SouthlandTimes: Schoolchildren are waving goodbye to summer holidays, and returning to class today...." suckers! Dr Death all grown up
    Michael Bracewell ‏@braceyourself10
    Mowing my lawn #allgrownup
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Verma has only had one match and looks seriously pedestrian once he runs out of puff. Ish is still pretty average at this stage of his career, and Baker is just filler. Also missing Aldridge which is a big blow for them. Its not a poor bowling attack, but its a long way off ND's usual standards.
    Not really, not this season anyhow. Aldridge has been struggling all year with his fitness, picked up a dirty 5fer on a green track against Canterbury early on but other than that he's been next to hopeless. Down on pace and he's lost the zip he had a couple of seasons ago, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he retired at seasons end.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Craig Cachopa, 145 vs. Central Districts - YouTube

You know what, considering Craig's 21, Howsie wasn't just being Howsie. Best part is when he starts pounding his straight drive about 1:30 in, sending Small and Jarvis down the ground.
    He screams future international cricketer imo, you just have to watch him for five minutes and you can see that. Both his older bros look like nothing more than a couple of domestic plodders.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    The man must have a left shoulder of steel, that's for sure. He can't play the short ball. He knows it, everyone not living under a rock knows it, yet no-one's managed to exploit it. Yeah it's domestic cricket but if Andy ****ing Ellis can scare him surely he'd be a goner by now if he didn't have something extra.
    Exit pursuing a beer

That's Carl who wears every short ball like a trooper. This video's of the more brazen and porcine younger brother. A very willing player of the hook shot this one, a bit too willing.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    gah, too many chops. I just assumed only one of them was actually really good as tends to happen with cricketing families

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Craig Cachopa looks like the most awkward batsman ever, especially his stance. I reckon both of his brothers look more fluent and natural, even if Carl can't play a bouncer.

Howsie has a great eye for talent though, even if he has an irrational hate for the 30+ brigade, so we'll see I guess.

Craigchopa and Dusan Hakaraia will hopefully get given some more responsibility next season though since Auckland have a few guys nearing the end of their careers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I wouldn't discount the smarter yet less acclaimed younger cousin of a test jock for some internet snark tbf.

First image which came into my head when seeing that picture is Greta from Gremlins.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar

You know what, considering Craig's 21, Howsie wasn't just being Howsie. Best part is when he starts pounding his straight drive about 1:30 in, sending Small and Jarvis down the ground.
    Looked fairly unorthodox and sketchy until that 1.30 mark as you mentioned, when he does a few glorious drives. Seriously, haven't seen a decent straight/on-drive like that in a while. Looks pretty tight once he gets going.

Has an 'interesting' diagonal bat defense in that first half too...
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

2:09, looked like a pretty aggressive swipe he gave the non-striker, almost looks to ignore him after that.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Has an 'interesting' diagonal bat defense in that first half too...
    Has a bit of that backlift-towards-gully thing that many modern players (esp limited overs players) do. A little similar to Guptill in that can hit nice on drives from balls on offstump but it can also cause problems.

Looks decent and hits the ball well but I don't know that international quality is necessarily exuding from every pore.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Looks decent and hits the ball well but I don't know that international quality is necessarily exuding from every pore.
    Not yet. He's still raw, some batting coaching and I could see him in the international arena in 2-3 years (not incl. T20s where he'll probably play this year...)

Butler 10 Duffy 0!

What is this I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Has a bit of that backlift-towards-gully thing that many modern players (esp limited overs players) do. A little similar to Guptill in that can hit nice on drives from balls on offstump but it can also cause problems.
    Yes, this. He has a 'choke' grip, which is becoming more and more widely coached - basically it's very bottom-handed, which means his backswing will always go out towards gully. It does give a lot of power, since you are holding the bat so strongly with your bottom hand - particularly in driving and pulling - but it means that you're always defending with hard hands, and across the ball (i.e. bat coming down in the line of gully to mid-on) instead of through it.

He's a talented player, and has an appetite for runs (scored very heavily the last few club seasons), but is a long long way from being the finished article. Needs at least another big season before we anoint him as the new Saviour of NZ Cricket.

Thread Information