• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

Eds

International Debutant
Haha I see what you mean by a very "Jager-ish" pick, Jager.

As for me, I'll go for the greatest captain of all-time in Douglas Jardine, to complete my XI. Would love to see him with this bowling attack at his disposal.

Undecided on batting order as things stand. Will probably open with Jardine and push Jackson to 3. Or maybe Kallis could move to 3, with Pietersen to 4 and Jardine to 5.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Haha I see what you mean by a very "Jager-ish" pick, Jager.

As for me, I'll go for the greatest captain of all-time in Douglas Jardine, to complete my XI. Would love to see him with this bowling attack at his disposal.

Undecided on batting order as things stand. Will probably open with Jardine and push Jackson to 3. Or maybe Kallis could move to 3, with Pietersen to 4 and Jardine to 5.
Wow, I had my money on Stan McCabe in the No.3 position with Miller as captain.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry for the irregularity.

Been a pretty busy couple of weeks for me, and mostly i log in from my phone on CW these days and can't do proper research on it. Will try and do my picks today.

kingkallis

International Coach
Herman Griffith - Bowled Bradman in test match

5th Test: Australia v West Indies at Sydney, Feb 27-Mar 4, 1931 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

CricZo XI

1. Jack Hobbs ( Debut before WW2 )
2. Barry Richards ( Played for Gloucestershire )
3. David Boon ( Not picked in previous drafts )
4. Herbie Taylor ( Shares the name with US President )
5. Clive Lloyd ( 100 in the Boxing day test )
6. Alec Stewart + ( Dismissed by Murali & Warne )
7. Trevor Goddard ( Average 25 to 40 )
8. Alan Davidson ( Debut after WW2 )
9. Hugh Tayfield ( Part of hat-trick )
10. Curtly Ambrose ( Played in WI, Eng, Aus )
11. Herman Griffith ( Bowled Bradman in test match )

Eds

International Debutant
Wow, I had my money on Stan McCabe in the No.3 position with Miller as captain.
Yeah, considered it (Jager to c' :p), but a) Jardine :wub: and b) have been trying to make Miller have a 'free role' of sorts, for the whole draft - minimal pressure and all that.

watson

Banned
Sorry for the irregularity.

Been a pretty busy couple of weeks for me, and mostly i log in from my phone on CW these days and can't do proper research on it. Will try and do my picks today.
This is no excuse as it's not as if we are researching how to get a manned space-craft to Mars. Also, one-off time-outs are fine and expected, but your failures are routine and par for the course.

All you need is 3-4 simple contingencies, jot them down somewhere, and then e-mail/SMS one of them to someone when it's your turn. You can liason with anyone on CricketWeb. It doesn't even have to be Jager. They keep an eye on Draft thread for you and then nominate a player on your behalf.

I have concluded that you are either disorganised or lack the ability to forward-plan Cevno, with the underlying assumption being that you are in the draft because you want to be.

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Bert Oldfield (Not picked in previous drafts) for my next pick please

Charter 77 So Far

WG Grace
Sunil Gavaskar
Bill Edrich
Sourav Ganguly (*)
Garry Sobers
Doug Walters
Ian Botham
Bert Oldfield (+)
Shane Bond
Clarrie Grimmett
Fazal Mahmood

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Amazing that Oldfield hasn't been selected in a previous draft. Imo he is Australia's best pure gloveman ever, and he was no dud with the bat, with an average over 20.

Good pick!

I actually think you have the strongest team Michael, with Sobers and Botham as ARs to balance things nicely...

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Bert Oldfield (Not picked in previous drafts) for my next pick please

Charter 77 So Far

WG Grace
Sunil Gavaskar
Bill Edrich
Sourav Ganguly (*)
Garry Sobers
Doug Walters
Ian Botham
Bert Oldfield (+)
Shane Bond
Clarrie Grimmett
Fazal Mahmood
Agreed with Monk. Oldfield is a great choice as keeper. And having both Sobers and Botham in the same team is awesome.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Well, it's not as if I wanted to say what I said.

But it had to be said just the same - I think.
It was harsh, but it's a bit frustrating when the same person continually times out over 12 hours.

I prefer a quick draft. I'm lucky in that I'm around my computer all day, and can check continually. But when someone always times out, it reeeally slows the process down.

Really, you only need to log on twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, to see if you're up and keep things rolling.

watson

Banned
Personally, I think that Blakus should just pick now. The odds of Cevno being on-line within the next 5-6 hours are somewhere in the realms of Avogadro's Number :laugh:

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
I'll do the right thing and wait for Cevno. 6 hours isn't really that mush time.

With regards to Australia's best ever keeper I personally reckon it's a 3 way dogfight between Blackham, Oldfield and Tallon. Take your pick honestly

watson

Banned
I'll do the right thing and wait for Cevno. 6 hours isn't really that mush time.

With regards to Australia's best ever keeper I personally reckon it's a 3 way dogfight between Blackham, Oldfield and Tallon. Take your pick honestly
I like Wally Grout too. Quite a character.