• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think at the beginning of the series, it's fair to refer to Anderson and Steyn as being on the same level, in English conditions only, because of Anderson's stellar record at home and Steyn's record in England.

Obviously Steyn has put his best foot forwards here, but there's still two Test matches left.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think at the beginning of the series, it's fair to refer to Anderson and Steyn as being on the same level, in English conditions only, because of Anderson's stellar record at home and Steyn's record in England.

Obviously Steyn has put his best foot forwards here, but there's still two Test matches left.
One thing to bear in mind though is Jimmy has had niggles this summer so may not be at his best at any stage of the series, Steyn should improve after this game as he looked rusty on day 1. Scarily so will big Morne who looked totally out of it.

I wouldn't write us off but it will take a bloody big turnaround to get back in this series, banking on the one dopey Saffer performance a series seems the best bet right now.

Ruckus

International Captain
One thing to bear in mind though is Jimmy has had niggles this summer so may not be at his best at any stage of the series, Steyn should improve after this game as he looked rusty on day 1. Scarily so will big Morne who looked totally out of it.
yeah I think that's a bit of a worry for England...I don't think the SA bowling on the whole has been as good as it could have in this test. Can only see Steyn performing a similar way in the next test, but from the beginning this time, Morkel getting more consistent, and Philander actually get a bit more luck going his way (definitely should have had more than 2 wickets for the match here). Of course, you'd hope the English bowlers up their game too though.

Jacknife

International Captain
No neither would I, can't see us playing anywhere near as bad as this again and I can see us coming back strongly.

The thing that makes you mad, is the position we had after the first day and although SA bowled well that 2nd day, we didn't make them work anywhere near hard enough for their wickets, same thing's happened in the 2nd dig as well. We just haven't matched the intensity of their bowlers or the concentration of their batsmen.

You could say we haven't turned up for this 1st test, funny because a few people were saying that after the first day, should have kept quite tbh.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's still frustrating, there's just nothing in this pitch, how do you lose 20 wickets on it.?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love how AB has very little proper keeping technique, but instead just relies on his natural ability.
Haha yeah; he's just a real natural sportsman. Never looks pretty with his keeping but usually gets the job done anyway because he's naturally gun at everything.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's still frustrating, there's just nothing in this pitch, how do you lose 20 wickets on it.?
It's a road, and that makes the SA bowling performance more commendable. They've adapted very well, and managed to extract whatever little movement, bounce, spin etc. it offers.