• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 2nd Edition - No 03

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I had him #3 too but I had him ahead of Sobers who I assume is going to be second. I think while they're close enough as all-rounders, IMO the impact Imran had on Pakistani cricket as a leader and captain cannot be understated and that is why I ranked him ahead. When I think of Imran I think of him with a regal air and he was a truly majestic cricketer.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
My number 3 as well.

What a great, great player. "Monstrously gifted" as cricinfo describes him. A fast bowler that belongs in the highest echelon. A batsman stubborn enough to average 50+ in second half of his career. If that wasn't enough, he went on to be one of cricket's most remarkable leaders - never lost a series to the mighty West Indians, groomed a whole generation of world class fast bowler. And then as if out of a plot of a fiction book, he returned from retirement and won the world cup for his country. If that's not enough yet, he was learned, erudite and a lady killer as well.

If you'd dream to be a cricketer why'd you dream to be anyone but Imran Khan Niazi? :)

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
My hero. I had him at number 1. Met the great man at his cancer hospital in 96 and would love to have the opportunity to meet him again. Hopefully he goes on to become the next PM and making Pakistan a safer, more prosperous nation and a good ally to the west.

bagapath

International Captain
Crap fielder, hard working batsman, autocratic leader, awesome fast bowler, incorruptible team man, legendary cricketer, worthy no.3.

smash84

The Tiger King
yes......it seems awful.....such a horrible movie if the trailer is anything to go by....anyone wanting to degrade Imran in their eyes should watch that movie

salman85

International Debutant
It's an indie movie.It's not going to be all flashy.I actually thing it's going to be good.

smash84

The Tiger King
no it isn't......

apparently it is a Pakistani movie....

the trailer is available on youtube....please don't spoil this thread (and insult Imran) by posting its trailer here

salman85

International Debutant
Yes it's a Pakistani movie.But apparently it's being made by NCA graduates.NCA always produced quality.

Let's see.

smash84

The Tiger King
dude.......I was ROFL when I saw Jemima in the movie......seems such a philistine version of Jemima tbh....

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Crap fielder, hard working batsman, autocratic leader, awesome fast bowler, incorruptible team man, legendary cricketer, worthy no.3.
baga was he really that bad of a fielder? Hard to believe such an accomplished cricketer could be 'crap'. Who would you compare him to these days?

Eds

International Debutant
How on earth can you produce a movie on Imran Khan and have no cricket footage of any kind in the trailer?

smash84

The Tiger King
baga was he really that bad of a fielder? Hard to believe such an accomplished cricketer could be 'crap'. Who would you compare him to these days?
Yes he was. Initially when his batting and bowling was crap he was a more than decent fielder.

I remember Wasim narrating that he once dropped a dolly when Wasim was on a hattrick.

He would counter that by keeping himself on mid-on so that minimum catches would come to him