• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 2nd Edition - No 05

uvelocity

International Coach
well then

all though to be honest what I was getting at is sometime a right handed person will bat left handed, ala M Hussey, and as proven above I'm guessing a left handed person will bat right handed, but and it probably makes sense, I don't know of a left handed person that throws and bowls right handed or a right handed person that throws with the left. Maybe one of those examples is one, you can't tell from just the profile.

Have read before that it's an advantage to bat the opposite side to convention due to right handed people also are stronger in the right hand side eye, which is closer to the ball when batting left handed.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huh? ofcourse taking bucketloads of wickets matters... what are you trying to say?
Warne is the only leg spinner to consistently bamboozle players throughout his career and take 700 wickets... if paul adams had performed at that ATG level, he would also be in the elite company of Warne, Murali. Fact is, he was a **** bowler. I just dont understand how Paul Adams fits into the equation here at all, tbh. :wacko:

No spinner apart from Murali, Warne, Oreilley has bowled at ATG level for any stretch of their careers, which is what makes them special... Warne, and to a lesser extent Oreilly in the discipline of legspin and Murali as a wrist spinner... no one comes close in 100+ years of test history...
unlike the debate about the greatest quick bowler where you have around 10-15 great candidates, or the best batsman after bradman, for which around dozen batsman can make a solid claim
Grimmett.

Burgey

Bowling like this:

is even more difficult. I am not sure if it should get him extra points just because he picked a method of bowling that is harder to master in order to get him the same results.
Not for him it isn't, or he wouldn't have done it.

Burgey

Yes but Warne doesn't look like he's having an epileptic fit when he bowls tbf.