• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Worst 10 Cricketers of All Time - Last Edition

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think we should include a minimum number of nominations before a cricketer can be counted among the worst ever. Otherwise there might be a temptation not to take this seriously.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there's so many bad cricketers we can't be expected to send in a list without doing a month of research

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there's so many bad cricketers we can't be expected to send in a list without doing a month of research
Go with your gut - who needs research?

I've had 5 entries so far, and I'd consider all 5 have been serious with their nominations.

The only one to not be serious was a certain Jake Howe esq.

fredfertang

I did think HDS was taking the piss when he started this thread, and I suppose he still might be, but I think on reflection its a decent idea

That said I think research is the worst possible thing you can do otherwise you'll just end up with people like that McMaster bloke I mentioned - and wasn't there an Aussie picked for a touring party as a reserve wicketkeeper who had never kept wicket before, and that idiot Vizzy and a whole load of others

So come on you ****s, take it semi-seriously and lets get a better response to a worthy thread

HeathDavisSpeed

I was slightly taking the piss, but thought it might be a fun thing to do. I'll do profiles on each of the top ten etc.

fredfertang

I was slightly taking the piss, but thought it might be a fun thing to do. I'll do profiles on each of the top ten etc.
Think you should do the top 20 at least tbh - depends on how many of these lazy ****ers cba to participate I suppose

Will scream fix in the event the bloke I had at number one doesn't win the whole thing

fredfertang

I did think HDS was taking the piss when he started this thread, and I suppose he still might be, but I think on reflection its a decent idea

That said I think research is the worst possible thing you can do otherwise you'll just end up with people like that McMaster bloke I mentioned - and wasn't there an Aussie picked for a touring party as a reserve wicketkeeper who had never kept wicket before, and that idiot Vizzy and a whole load of others

So come on you ****s, take it semi-seriously and lets get a better response to a worthy thread
There was

Did it again a century later - though they got away with it with that well known opening bat Peter Taylor

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't pay enough attention to the bad ones, I have a hard enough time remembering the good ones.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I had a criteria of 30 test wickets or 30 completed innings to come up with my list. Otherwise, it's insignificant sample size to judge people on test performances alone.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I think you should all turn over your lists to me so I can satisfy myself as to their validity.

salman85

International Debutant
Some minimum criteria should be announced.

I say make it 3000 test runs,or 150 test wickets.Atleast we'll be selecting the worst crop of players from a well known sample size and not some random douche.Someone who win this despite getting 150 wickets or scoring 3000 runs must be a true Ramprakash.

Last edited: