• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Worst 10 Cricketers of All Time - Last Edition

smash84

The Tiger King
"I had him at Number 8"

That's what you could be typing in ire when you see that 'Not So Deadly' Derek Pringle has only come in at Number 9 in the countdown of CW's top 10 worst international cricketers of all time.

The idea is simple.

People have to send in a list of their worst 10 test cricketers of all time to me on heathdavisspeed at yahoo dot co dot nz.

The scoring will be as follows

The cricketer on the 10th rank will get 1 point and the uptown top rankin' cricketer will get 10 points.

The sum total of all points individually for all the cricketers will determine their overall rank.

I'll then publish the Top 10 one by one with a shock thread for a multi He@thD@visSpeed announcing that Ian Salisbury only came in at number 4.

I hope this will be as good if not better than the last edition.

Ok guys, you have till Thursday 29th of March 2012 3 pm GMT I get bored to send in your entries.

Only guys who've played Test cricket are eligible.
WAC....:lol:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He wasn't the worst ever and his bowling is promising no doubt. But for the sheer offence that he caused my sensibilities can't go past Steve Smith.

If CDG had've faced Steyn in a test then he could have been a contender as well (even though he looked ok against other bowlers sometimes).

Will send my list in have already picked my number one.

Flem274*

123/5
I know it's judged on tests, but some guys FC records are saving them from my list. Shunts who should never have been picked in the first place and failed are being punished harshly by me.

And thus Richard de Groen and his miraculous 211 FC wickets at 25 breathe a mightly sigh of relief. No such luck for Blair "lol srsly how did I get picked when I suck at FC level?" Hartland.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I know it's judged on tests, but some guys FC records are saving them from my list. Shunts who should never have been picked in the first place and failed are being punished harshly by me.

And thus Richard de Groen and his miraculous 211 FC wickets at 25 breathe a mightly sigh of relief. No such luck for Blair "lol srsly how did I get picked when I suck at FC level?" Hartland.
This.

Do we want the 10 worst cricketers to have ever put on the whites for a test match? (i.e really just weren't good enough) Or 10 cricketers who played a reasonable amount of games but were genuinely terrible at Test cricket?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have received ONE set of votes so far. This is a poor effort, CricketWeb.

Bradman now safely down in 11th place.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This.

Do we want the 10 worst cricketers to have ever put on the whites for a test match? (i.e really just weren't good enough) Or 10 cricketers who played a reasonable amount of games but were genuinely terrible at Test cricket?
Your choice. I'd certainly be rewarding longevity of ****ness over the flash-in-the-pan levels of atrocious that a One Test Wonder may attain.

salman85

International Debutant
Mark Ravin Ramprakash.

Epic wastage of Mr.Ravin Ramprakash's efforts 9 months before September 5th 1969.What if he had gone out for a Beer instead?

The world will never know.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Thami Tsolekile. An insult to black africans and transformation. Lol remember Simon Jones celebtRation after castling him.