• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Greatest Ever" Lists - A Modern Evolution

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Wasn't Athers recently commenting how light the bats have become and still retain their stroke power? Apparently it has a lot of effect if Athers word is anything to go by.
Hmm, to believe someone who played 100 tests with said bats or someone who sits behind a keyboard. :unsure:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Hmm, to believe someone who played 100 tests with said bats or someone who sits behind a keyboard. :unsure:
Neither are particularly reliable, in reality. Both are human. It's not like I've never picked up a bat, either, I play a fair bit.

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
The reason Grace gets named is because people want to be self-righteous and drop a couple of ancient names.

@the bat debate: wellAlbidarned, I can assure you that batmakers make bats relatively lighter nowadays. I've recently been out buying my new bat and massive pieces of willow are lighter than a much thinner, old Kookaburra Goldcrown I have at home.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
This was one of the first threads i actually read from one page to another in a long time on this site because those for and against sorta had some valid points. Such a shame it turned to dog****.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
The reason Grace gets named is because people want to be self-righteous and drop a couple of ancient names.

@the bat debate: wellAlbidarned, I can assure you that batmakers make bats relatively lighter nowadays. I've recently been out buying my new bat and massive pieces of willow are lighter than a much thinner, old Kookaburra Goldcrown I have at home.
I'm not denying that bats these days LOOK much bigger while being light, I'm just pointing out that that doesn't necessarily mean that these bigger bats are more powerful. The key factor in bat's power is the mass and density of the wood present, not the volume.