• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Holy ****! That's Tipene Friday, huh?

I used to play poker against him at Four Kings when I was in Wellington.

Anyhoo.... Vernon ****ing Philander huh?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Toull is such an angry bastard.

It's not a national secret, you just have to ****ing ask. Stupid angry useless tool.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Oh ffs, you see, this is why we shouldn't bother stacking the team with "batsmen." We've provided the batting every opportunity of passing the follow on on a flat pitch and the ****s are still going to bottle it at the final hurdle.
Wouldn't have made the follow on without 6 batsman. You could argue that the follow on mark would have been lower with 5 bowlers however.

I didn't see any of Phillander's bowling but if he can take a 5 fer on this deck and help skittle us for 300 - then yep he is good.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The comms are such ****s. That looked like it was going over the top. They make out like it should have been reviewed. "Doug Bracewell should have demanded a review". Then they see it going over and say nothing else, and pretend like they never said anything in the first place. FMD.

Howsie

International Captain
The comms are such ****s. That looked like it was going over the top. They make out like it should have been reviewed. "Doug Bracewell should have demanded a review". Then they see it going over and say nothing else, and pretend like they never said anything in the first place. FMD.
I always love this part of the summer in regards to our commentators. Main test series is almost over, New Zealand have been pummeled into the dirt and they start asking questions. What should be changed, or should go/come in. Always a good time.

Flem274*

123/5
Thierry Henry's true identity is revealed

I can't believe the way Rattue expressed that piece makes me almost skip back to being firmly in the Vettori camp (as opposed to loving his batting only).

I mean...

Quite frankly, I'd ban orthodox finger spinning other than for supermarket carpark cricket, and order coaches or players to get the Murali Muralitharan and Shane Warne tapes out. Under this policy, finger spinners could apply for dispensations which would only be given scant consideration if they proved able to spin a ball square on cotton wool. Otherwise, pal, it's back to the carpark.
Someone to tell him who the two best spinners in the world are methinks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't even really want to think about today's play. From 220/4 to 275 all out. Another brilliant knock from Doug Bracewell. Genuine allrounder, why don't New Zealand bat him at 6???? :p

I think I'll just look forward to the future. So I guess Wagner will be coming into the team for the West Indies tour. While I don't hold him in particularly high regard, his batting must make him a strong candidate for inclusion if we go back to the 4 seamers strategy (if we do that, we'll need some lower order players who can bat, as lord knows the top 6 aren't going to make enough runs). If so, our team will start to have almost as much of an international flavour as England's.

I wonder if Martin will consider retiring now. He hasn't had a great series by his high standards (v SA), and he'd have to play until he is about 40 to get anywhere near 300 test wickets. As much as I hate to say it, with Bracewell, Boult, Gillespie, Wagner and Southee jousting for positions, it might be time for El-Ahrairah to call it a day.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Yep, Martin has bowled some decent stuff, but his opening spells have generally been fairly unthreatening. I think Wagner or Boult with Gillespie would be a more threatening combination with the new ball. It's a very difficult call for the selectors to make, so maybe he should make it for them.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
By not yet bowling Vettori, presumably NZ are still interested in a run chase. Once he comes on then all NZ wants to see tomorrow is Smith and Petersen make big hundreds.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder if Martin will consider retiring now. He hasn't had a great series by his high standards (v SA), and he'd have to play until he is about 40 to get anywhere near 300 test wickets. As much as I hate to say it, with Bracewell, Boult, Gillespie, Wagner and Southee jousting for positions, it might be time for El-Ahrairah to call it a day.
Yep, Martin has bowled some decent stuff, but his opening spells have generally been fairly unthreatening. I think Wagner or Boult with Gillespie would be a more threatening combination with the new ball. It's a very difficult call for the selectors to make, so maybe he should make it for them.
And so the cycle continues. Now there are murmours again he'll no doubt have one absolutely awful match to trick everyone into hopping on this bandwagon, then dominate for the rest of the series. Then he'll slowly get less penetrative for a series or two and the cycle will continue forevermore.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, too true.

The way I see it, Martin has had an outstanding and consistent summer bar this match and the first match in Zimbabwe. He is our number two strike bowler right now and deservedly so. He can play as long as he likes. Having a few good bowlers waiting in the wings is a nice change and considering it can only be a matter of time before the injury bug starts following us again, pace bowling depth is vital.

Mike5181

International Captain
I always love this part of the summer in regards to our commentators. Main test series is almost over, New Zealand have been pummeled into the dirt and they start asking questions. What should be changed, or should go/come in. Always a good time.
:laugh:. Did anyone hear Doull have a go at the teams media manager for not telling them the result of Taylor's scans etc? He was soOo angry.

He needs to start doing his job.