• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Flem274*

123/5
No Kallis, and Rudolph's technique shouldn't work on a green pitch.

But there's still Smith, Amla and AB, so we're still up against it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't seen the pitch yet but surely the usual thing to do if you name a batting heavy side is bat first and try to rack up a big score and apply scoreboard pressure that way. Am surprised we are bowling first and hope there is a lot of assistance for bowlers.

Delays are annoying. Anyone know why the Basin's drainage is bad? I had it in my head that was quite good.

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rubbish use of DRS by the umpires. Sound didn't sound like wood live, no edge on hotspot. I'd really like for them to be clear on the criteria that's needed for an umpire to over turn a decision. If they don't trust hotspot or slow mo replays that all but confirm there was no nick then why bother using it?

Howsie

International Captain
Your've got to ask though, if Smith didn't think he hit it why did it take so long for him to refer it?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I haven't seen the pitch yet but surely the usual thing to do if you name a batting heavy side is bat first and try to rack up a big score and apply scoreboard pressure that way. Am surprised we are bowling first and hope there is a lot of assistance for bowlers.
Or you could think these conditions are the best for bowling, so you can get SA out quickly and make the runs in the fourth innings with the best possible batting lineup..

Who really cares if the three seamers are tired after after the match, not like it's a back to back Test.

I'm really happy with the XI.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even if Smith refereed straight away he would still have been given out that despite all the evidence (clear daylight) showing he didn't hit the ball.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Evening Gents. Reasonably close call that, but not-out none-the-less.

Meanwhile....Simon Doull reaches new highs in the annoying stakes.

Van Buren

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If Smith had been given not out, and if the fielding team had reviewed it, would the same decision have occurre[

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't seen the pitch, but if it is green then 43/1 from 10 is poor.
It's not green at all, looks more of a sandy colour from the TV pictures, although on close inspection there was a small amount of grass.

Meanwhile, NZ's bowling has been all over the shop. So much the opposite to Philander.