• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Ryan19

School Boy/Girl Captain
McClenaghan averages like 44 in FC cricket before today. I can't believe he would even be considered. If I was to bring in a seamer it would probably be McKay/Gillespie. The other option would be Nethula for Southee.

Mike5181

International Captain
Who said anything about Watling's 100? Your've got to show consistency in your selections and dropping someone because his injury replacement made 36 isn't doing that.

What New Zealand needed ftr was someone to man up and score 100, not a painful 36 which was ended as soon as the new ball was taken.
If you're not basing your selection of Watling on the century he scored against Zimbabwe then what're you basing it on? Is it his first class performances? I guess he dominates Van Wyk there. What's Van Wyk averaging since arriving in NZ? Like 53 or something.

Consistency would be selecting the guy that's played well against the very same opposition of the second test not bringing back a guy with questionable credentials to start with to play against Steyn, Morkel, Philander, Kallis and Tahir.

Flem274*

123/5
McClenaghan averages like 44 in FC cricket before today. I can't believe he would even be considered.
He's quick, therefore the public will demand him before he's had a chance to smoke domestic sides (which he's made a good start of today).

Flem274*

123/5
Surprised Bracewell didn't take the first new ball tbh. I know it suits Boult, but Bracewell is on fire this summer. Get him and Martin on as early as possible.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Good.

South Africa will have to collapse ala Auckland in 2004 if we are to have a sniff here. Can remember the 2nd new ball doing the trick when SA were 250/2 or something like that.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
McClenaghan averages like 44 in FC cricket before today. I can't believe he would even be considered. If I was to bring in a seamer it would probably be McKay/Gillespie. The other option would be Nethula for Southee.
Again, irrelevant. He averaged that two and three years ago, for a different province as a younger man with less experience under his belt. He'd be judged on what he's done this season. I still don't believe he'll be picked but that's not the way to look at it.

What's happened to AB? Hiding on a king pair?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa will have to collapse ala Auckland in 2004 if we are to have a sniff here. Can remember the 2nd new ball doing the trick when SA were 250/2 or something like that.
Wasn't Nathan Astle among the wickets that day too? Of all people.