• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test/ODI Combination Draft

Joao

U19 12th Man
No idea if this has been done and even if it has I'd like to play so I'll run one assuming I can get the numbers.

Here is the basic premise:Standard draft except judgement of teams is done twice, once for Test credentials and once for ODI credentials. The voting "scores" are then added to establish an overall winner.

Rules:
Looking for 12 teams
12 Players per team
You get 4 points per ranking for your test place (1st would receive 48, last 4)
You get 3 points per ranking for your ODI place (1st would receive 36, last 3)
18 hours between picks 3 times and then 12 hours every other time at which point next in line can pick - if you miss a go you just pick next when you get a chance
Picking order will be random and mirrored

Player era - Players must have appeared in at least one Test and ODI

Who's in?

EDIT: Players so far
Joao
Howe_zat
Himannv
weldone
MrPrez
Daemon
smalishah84
Blakus
morgieb
Cabinet96
Marcuss??? (It's not clear whether you want to play from your post so you are tentatively in)
honestbharani
kingkallis

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
We should have the pre war players, I think. Ought to be fun to speculate on what players like Trumper, Noble or Jessop could have done in the shorter form.

Joao

U19 12th Man
We should have the pre war players, I think. Ought to be fun to speculate on what players like Trumper, Noble or Jessop could have done in the shorter form.
Noted.

I want open as much just to see if anyone still picks Bradman as much to speculate on those people.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it'll be any other thing than all the test drafts if we allow players from before 1971 (or those who haven't played ODIs). More so, considering that your test ranking fetches you more points than ODI ranking.

Joao

U19 12th Man
I don't think it'll be any other thing than all the test drafts if we allow players from before 1971 (or those who haven't played ODIs). More so, considering that your test ranking fetches you more points than ODI ranking.
I guess the idea was more to make the latter rounds interesting. Do you pick say Jayawardene or Symonds for your middle order?

I wanted the slightly higher ranking on tests to reflect the fact that it is the most pure form.

I am open to changing the player range and also the weighting on Tests v ODI depending on others thoughts.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'm in iff only players who have played both forms (at least 1 test and 1 ODI) are allowed. The other rules are fine with me.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm in iff only players who have played both forms (at least 1 test and 1 ODI) are allowed. The other rules are fine with me.
AWTA. Think pre ODI players might get overrated on their limited overs capability.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, why do drafts always have to start just as I'm about to go away?

Sounds pretty interesting, although the balance between Test and ODI would have to be carefully thought out.

Joao

U19 12th Man
Ok so it seems we are not all keen on the rules

My new proposals are:
18 hours (24 is just too long) - those wishing for 24 its up to you if you still want to play
Restricting players to those that have appeared in both forms at international level at least once.

Also willing to reconsider the weighting put on tests v ODI or I can leave it as is.

Might also consider a version 2 after this draft including all eras for comparison for those disappointed by the above

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Will play. Happy with the rules as they stand but am amenable to any changes

Last edited: